climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 May 2015 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Did no one surf today ? Bloody freezing so I can hardly blame ya

Yep sure did.....2 hrs this arvo
3-4ft beachie..was brilliant.water was warm....offshore 5knts..bit chilly though

Finally changed some fins in a board...was thinking about 6mths ago "I should change the fins in this board" so as to make it a little less twitchy on the off (I am talking a shortie here). I always brushed it aside thinking it was a user error and never did....well how friggin wrong was I
I had leant my go to daily driver to a mate and was on the board I like the least....fin change and BLOODY LOVE IT........I truly did not think that two fins, both carbon, both S7 in size ..very similar in base but differing in rake and camber could change a board so much.....
Happy climber who is looking forward to tomorrows swell size
STOOOOOOKKKKED

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 May 2015 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear. I took my steamer out of storage the other day and its in the car. I can not see myself using it though unless I see some perfect uncrowded waves somewhere. Was thinking of a coastal run on Saturday but not sure now as those winds look a little too south. Will hunt down a fella from up there and ask him what he thinks

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 May 2015 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Good to hear. I took my steamer out of storage the other day and its in the car. I can not see myself using it though unless I see some perfect uncrowded waves somewhere. Was thinking of a coastal run on Saturday but not sure now as those winds look a little too south. Will hunt down a fella from up there and ask him what he thinks

MickPC
8266 posts
14 May 2015 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
just finishing up my swing champion & now it looks like I'm getting an onshore spell sadly mate

Yeah not much to look forward to on the horizon...hope we're not having another year of way too many Northerlies.

Cobra
9106 posts
14 May 2015 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

couple of mates called in this arvo to tell me they got some nice waves,,,,,that was nice of them

LordKuz
NSW, 260 posts
14 May 2015 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

DaveBasher
SA, 196 posts
14 May 2015 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't surf today but the wave bouy off Kangaroo Island recorded a wave of 17.5 metres on Wednesday night about 10ish...........

thePup
13831 posts
15 May 2015 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

I got nuthin'

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
15 May 2015 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Wikiwiki, I have got a hundred waves in Waikiki

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 May 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Just spent 1.5 hrs checking the old haunts for something but am heading home defeated. Lots of swell but it's weak n not really getting into the protected corners away from the wind. Looks like it's beer o'clock

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
15 May 2015 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the alley with sdr. It looked.really good.from the carpark... Reality was that it was weak fat and slow

Saw some nice boards in the carpark

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 May 2015 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Surfed the alley with sdr. It looked.really good.from the carpark... Reality was that it was weak fat and slow

Saw some nice boards in the carpark

the owners must be fluro dorks

thePup
13831 posts
16 May 2015 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Well just for a brief 30 mins I thought I might get lucky and score a few ...... then the wind switched on all over red rover oh well what's on the footy channel

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
16 May 2015 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

3 foot by myself, left hand outer bank becoming right hand reform on the inside, get out walk up the point paddle back out. Loving the longboard. That is a surf I wouldn't have had without it. Saw lots of people check and drive away. It wasn't perfect at all, but I surfed.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
17 May 2015 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Great fun at Greenmount this morning the 207 board is a dead set keeper.

SP
10979 posts
17 May 2015 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Great fun at Greenmount this morning the 207 board is a dead set keeper.

I new you'd had a few but didn't think it was up to 207

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 May 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

I had a look at the Manly - Curl Curl stretch. Light offshore 2 to 3 feet but weak and not really hitting the banks at all well. Looked cold. Very crowded. Average surfing going down and a few mad 666's out there. Decided I would leave it and do some work instead.

Cobra
9106 posts
17 May 2015 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
I had a look at the Manly - Curl Curl stretch. Light offshore 2 to 3 feet but weak and not really hitting the banks at all well. Looked cold. Very crowded. Average surfing going down and a few mad 666's out there. Decided I would leave it and do some work instead.

after surfing indo perfection wouldn't everything look average ted..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 May 2015 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

crap waves so came home. still cant shake this bug,so i thought best to miss it....mac i saw greeny and it was farked...glad you found some fun ones there

thePup
13831 posts
17 May 2015 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

20 odd knot howling onshorey here & pissing down ..... might watch the Dragoons surge up into the top 3

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
17 May 2015 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
crap waves so came home. still cant shake this bug,so i thought best to miss it....mac i saw greeny and it was farked...glad you found some fun ones there

I must have missed you,were you there Hope you feel better soon.

Vanders wheres Vanders,thats right I'm just his surf bitch

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
17 May 2015 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
20 odd knot howling onshorey here & pissing down ..... might watch the Dragoons surge up into the top 3

Pup from what I read about WA,one minute its on the next wind blown,I couldn't stand that sorry.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 May 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

I must have missed you,were you there

just after 6...then fingal,and that was worse...the alley was the most crap

Cobra
9106 posts
17 May 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

wtf

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 May 2015 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Macaha said..

chrispy said..

wtf

same....but im outta the cool gang loop these days...im just lonely larry looking to get wet

thePup
13831 posts
17 May 2015 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Cobra said..

Macaha said..

chrispy said..

wtf

same....but im outta the cool gang loop these days...im just lonely larry looking to get wet

Not for long

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 May 2015 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...

Ted the Kiwi said..

It would be fair to say that you are not too far off the mark there Cobra. But I would have gone out if I could find a decent bank that was not too crowded.

Cobra
9106 posts
17 May 2015 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said...

Ted the Kiwi said..

It would be fair to say that you are not too far off the mark there Cobra. But I would have gone out if I could find a decent bank that was not too crowded.

forget it and wait till you're back in indo

MickPC
8266 posts
17 May 2015 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

haha yeah saw that the other day...baliwaves.com had pics of the local Ulu's lifesaver getting barreled in solid Ulu's as well a few years ago

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
17 May 2015 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
thePup said..

Pup from what I read about WA,one minute its on the next wind blown,I couldn't stand that sorry.

Fair call. Really inconsistent too. Lots better waves over East with nice warm water. Trust me. I have been to Queensland six or seven times. Winds howl here most of the time and it's rarely any fun. WA's rep is a hoax.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo