Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...
Biggest Ive seen it!! Not that I go there much but wow!!

Not that big really, but a fun solid day. It would have been bigger further south, but I ordered a board and it was close. I wanted to hit one of the waves south of Gracetown, but couldn't be bothered driving.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

DARTH said...

Not that big really, but a fun solid day. It would have been bigger further south, but I ordered a board and it was close. I wanted to hit one of the waves south of Gracetown, but couldn't be bothered driving.

What board? Any pics?

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
7 Oct 2015 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...
thedrip said..

DARTH said...

What board? Any pics?

Of me? No...my personal photographer couldn't make it. Lol.

I had my eight footer out and just picked off the bombs. There were some nice waves to be had on the inside too.

There's a bloke in that barrel even though you can't see him. He made it too.

Oops. Wrong pic. It's the one below.

The big board was handy when I went to this peak too.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Oct 2015 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics Drip

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Oct 2015 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...
Great pics Drip

+1

It's been a great run of swell up these parts the last 4 days and more to come with high tides hitting the early now. Gold

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
7 Oct 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Belangan this morning, full but fun and well over head in a friendly kind of a way, easy on the occasional set on the head. ( 2 in 2 hours ).

This afternoon offshore 150m + rides just over head height lefts this afternoon, with 8 people in the drink....unbelievable, even had some entertainment with one knuckle head trying to take off way too far inside and bouncing off the cliff. He's OK, so we can and will continue to piss ourselves laughing

As of tomorrow, will report on Lembongan

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
8 Oct 2015 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
It was okay.

I got some crackers on all three peaks.

Farking loving that place.....thats the least crowded I have seen it and the last time I surfed there was 97 or 98

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Oct 2015 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Mr drip you surf bigger waves fairly regularly by the looks of it

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Oct 2015 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

its cyclonic here bit early

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Oct 2015 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Prone surfed a 666 after being unable to use the paddle to get onto a wave. Last time I listen to the missus who said, "Don't take the longboard. It will make you use the SUP."

Except after falling off for an hour, I really wanted to catch a few waves and the longboard would have been perfect.

For WA locals who recognised the wave in the 666 room, the rip was hideous and short boarders on the inside didn't last long. Not many with walls in there either. Just a bit too much swell for it. If you have surfed there you know the fatness and rip I mean with a bit of swell running through it.

Women!

Or maybe I should just slap myself around like a red headed step-child for listening to her.

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Surf looked small when I checked early. Had to do some stuff, headed down with the 666 & the log. Felt like a bit of a 666, but after a few sets came through decided the log would be more fun. Had it to myself then coz some chick reckoned she saw a shark & was marching up & down the beach letting everyone know. Same chick did that the last time I saw her lol...I was thankful, I now had it to myself again. Surf seemed to pick up & some long wally chest high waves were great fun

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Oct 2015 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

messy, uneven. and go to go on shore .

its got it all

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Oct 2015 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
messy, uneven. and go to go on shore .

its got it all

what a shame

so i didn't miss anything

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Oct 2015 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Good luck with the Big Sale Mac - hope it all goes well

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Oct 2015 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Good luck with the Big Sale Mac - hope it all goes well

Is he selling all his mct's.

It was only a matter of time

Cobra
9106 posts
10 Oct 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

had a nice wave with a couple of ol mates today.

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Oct 2015 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Missus wanted some ocean swimming advice today. So I waited & waited & waited & then about an hour after I thought she was just about ready we headed off. Surf was better than expected when we arrived. Spent 10 mins giving her pointers, paddled out with the SB & paddled in to get the LB when i realized I couldn't compete with the moderate crowd. And then the light onshore came in lol...next time I'm just gonna tell the missus I'll meet her there

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Oct 2015 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Worked all week but hitting it tomorrow early before the southerly hits.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
11 Oct 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Worked all week but hitting it tomorrow early before the southerly hits.

same here mate got another 5 days then off for 2 whoa 2 days off

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
12 Oct 2015 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few waves today at last . Nice conditions but the bans were a bit ordinary.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
12 Oct 2015 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hot n sunny in Perf. Swan river looks nice but will probably pass

MickPC
8266 posts
12 Oct 2015 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Hot n sunny in Perf. Swan river looks nice but will probably pass

The West has had some great weather the last few days & waves up until yesterday. "You should have been here yesterday" haha nah it was just small & fun yesterday, but I surfed everyday straight for 10 days after only surfing twice in 2 weeks in Malaysia. Really felt like it was going off after that

Looking like desperadoes Wed, bit of swell onshore slops with little crowd Thurs & possibly pretty good Fri...from my pov, Perf will be just as sh1t as usual...although the Hong Kong BBQ restaurant in North Bridge has really bloody good Chinese Roast duck man, highly recommend

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Oct 2015 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

well there has been cranking waves up here lately....and i missed them all.

surfed the spit today and it was the best on the coast and it was rubbish.

walked down for a surf check with a longboard and 666 champion who was getting ready for the aussie titles....and well mr close like i said...i dont carry a 666 down to the surf...not for me or anyone,so dont cry

i did laugh at some of the 666 crew though...some of them had boards smaller than mine and they could not even stand on them to wait for waves...it was pretty sad to watch

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
15 Oct 2015 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Couple of dreamy head high rights and lefts for me today...pretty clean just standing up and peeling along the reef long enough to unload a couple of nice turns on teh outside before hit the gas and going for something big on the end section...did I mention there were only 3 of us in the water

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Oct 2015 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Went early and got a few. The wind came up early too but not too bad. About half a dozen spread out on the whole beach and I had a bank to myself. People started turning up after I got out.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
15 Oct 2015 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
People started turning up after I got out.

Figured they'd get a wave

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Oct 2015 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

smh said..
People started turning up after I got out.

Figured they'd get a wave

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Oct 2015 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Great fun today, almost too big for the log. But too inconsistent with the sets for a short board. Was happy to just get wave after wave on the middle size ones. Sadly a mate got a big full thickness head gouge that required a quick getaway to the hospital. Poor bugger is or was headed for Bali on Monday. Hopfully he can still go & drink bintangs on the hill at Ulu's & heal fast.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
16 Oct 2015 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Havent been able to surf for two weeks due to work overload,12 days striaght

My car is loaded and ready to go first light and I never get that excited.

Don't know how Vanders is going to handle 3 months on the sideline.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Oct 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Havent been able to surf for two weeks due to work overload,12 days striaght

My car is loaded and ready to go first light and I never get that excited.

Don't know how Vanders is going to handle 3 months on the sideline.

Yeah well I have probably 4 to 6 weeks coming up myself starting on the 3 rd

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo