laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..
Im logging very soon vkmac

Its times like this you should be thanking me for talking you out of selling the log

True

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

To the vibe killer- got some alright waves. Actually they shaped up nice. Could have surfed other boards.
Bloody dh sups surfers. Far out, they should be made to do a test before they can get a board

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
To the vibe killer- got some alright waves. Actually they shaped up nice. Could have surfed other boards.
Bloody dh sups surfers. Far out, they should be made to do a test before they can get a board

Where and on what?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Where and on what?

Alley.noserider.

Something gt said last week got me thinking about nriding.

Rather moving up the board think of it was pulling the nose back to you with your feet

Works I believe

towball
4627 posts
2 Oct 2015 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said...

laceys lane said..

Where and on what?

Alley.noserider.

Something gt said last week got me thinking about nriding.

Rather moving up the board think of it was pulling the nose back to you with your feet

Works I believe

You need to try my Electraglide but the thought of traveling over your way with it doesn't excite me .

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

In short Lacey its called feeding the board

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
In short Lacey its called feeding the board

Stop bumming my hi

To think I thought it was nose riding.

Im no good

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

small and low tide here today. Forecast looks good though

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
2 Oct 2015 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
Speaking of new toys...bought this lightly used Vflex Outer Islands last week.
From the moment I started paddling it I knew it was going to be good and the first waves confirmed it.
It's (at best guess) a smart board model but in big boys dimensions. 6'8" X 21&1/2 X 2&7/8".
Floats me at 88kgs to my belly button. Silky smooth as a relaxed rider.
Paddles like a dream around the line up and gets into waves smoothly with early planing ease.
Once up and riding its got excellent speed which is a product of the concave bottom. Likes a steep wall to lock into and I've already had some nice barrels in last weeks swell that it happily came out of.
Easy to do roundhouse cutbacks.
When a fat section presents itself it doesn't mind a step forward to trim across them.
Taking off on my backhand I purposely left it really late on some and with the board almost sideways on the take off the rails would still allow a controlled drop to be taken. Really forgiving just as my fave midlength the Woosley 7'6" vquad is. It's very close to feeling like a shorter version of that.
If there's any longboard crew who'd like to spice things up and ride a shorter board then they couldn't go wrong with one of these.
Here's some pics next to a Firewire 6'8" addvance. The pic angle makes the Outer islands look chunkier but its the other way around with the Firewire feeling much thicker under the arm.
Also nice that it came with the Switch blade quad fins.
Compliments my 6' Lost round nose fish perfectly.

The lost mayhem FireWire fish looks like a weapon mate! How's it ride?

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
2 Oct 2015 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Summers day here I hope it holds up for the weekend and there are some waves to enjoy.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Summers day here I hope it holds up for the weekend and there are some waves to enjoy.

some bloke yesterday said its where you surfed not about tomorrow.

but don't worry about him.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
2 Oct 2015 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Surfing pfff dial up McTAVISH for sale on gumtree a couple of that blokes ex boards for sale.

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Oct 2015 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Felt so nice to lean into some bottom turns today after the tiny waves I had in Malaysia. Thought I'd never get down with appointments perfectly spaced to fark up my chances of getting down in the morning.
But swell kicked midday by the time I got down & ended up scoring overhead peaks with long walls with 1 other bloke out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Oct 2015 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Felt so nice to lean into some bottom turns today after the tiny waves I had in Malaysia. Thought I'd never get down with appointments perfectly spaced to fark up my chances of getting down in the morning.
But swell kicked midday by the time I got down & ended up scoring overhead peaks with long walls with 1 other bloke out

Good on you

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
2 Oct 2015 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see someones getting waves Mick-flat as here for the long weekend so its barby,beer,footy and kitesurfing wind swell for me

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Oct 2015 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Must be some strong winds off the coast somewhere. Was really hungover looking this morning even though there hasn't been much wind the last couple of days. Still the odd head & 1/2, but not as consistent as yesterday. Will probably get better while the final is on with the tide drop, but I'll be drinking beer & making 150 gouza...seem to have used up todays energy levels yesterday, I had a sh1t of a surf. Need to get paddle fit again...but the water was bloody beautiful, good to get back in the springy

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
3 Oct 2015 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

^^^%^Was pretty fun thurs and fri out front early mick. Tuesday looks pretty nice for your end

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
3 Oct 2015 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed with Lacey,the surf was crap,not worth giving anybody the heads up,its aways crap where we surf

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Oct 2015 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Surfed with Lacey,the surf was crap,not worth giving anybody the heads up,its aways crap where we surf

i know your being sarcastic....well i hope your not because i saw that place twice today. first was before i headed down the coast,it was not that bad,well small and crowded. Then on the way home it was horrible. I thought main beach was bad. ....... you need to surf more mac if you think that was good

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
4 Oct 2015 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from some glassy waist high waves. Stinking hot down here over the last 2 days. First day back in a short john and rashie

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
4 Oct 2015 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

surprisingly scored some knee high offshore peelers on the tolhurst single fin good fun but hanging for swell

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Oct 2015 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

i know your being sarcastic....well i hope your not because i saw that place twice today. first was before i headed down the coast,it was not that bad,well small and crowded. Then on the way home it was horrible. I thought main beach was bad. ....... you need to surf more mac if you think that was good

actually I was umming and arring but it was pretty good first up with some solid walls on the right waves

then it filled in started sectioning out a bit.

I kinda lost interest after jagging some rippers first up

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
4 Oct 2015 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

I got to the waters edge and thought about turning around,thats how crap it was.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
4 Oct 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I got to the waters edge and thought about turning around,thats how crap it was.

it was fully sick bro... i was saying bad things to keep the crowds down

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
4 Oct 2015 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Trust me on this one, it was crap.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
5 Oct 2015 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Cracking waves all weekend friday 2-3 foot super clean 5 blokes...saturday super super clean 2 foot 4 blokes.....Sunday a little wobbly but 4 foot and 8 blokes....happy days

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Oct 2015 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Beachies small and straight.
Go for a 12.6 surf alley. Its got some size after all.
Race back home to check out a bit bigger straight beachies

Alley point way to crowded

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
5 Oct 2015 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Beachies small and straight.
Go for a 12.6 surf alley. Its got some size after all.
Race back home to check out a bit bigger straight beachies

Alley point way to crowded

So it was crap again, I feel better at work today knowing I didn't miss out until I looked at the cams, cracking day all the same on the beach

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Oct 2015 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

well I think its safe enough to rinse out the 3/2 wetsuits for the year.

still going with the 2/2 s but it getting warm.

these goldie winters are really hardcore hey tb

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
5 Oct 2015 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
well I think its safe enough to rinse out the 3/2 wetsuits for the year.

still going with the 2/2 s but it getting warm.

these goldie winters are really hardcore hey tb

Geezus...still 4/3 down here....you blokes do it tough

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo