13831 posts
30 Oct 2015 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Unlucky mate but we hope it turns on for ya

thePup
13831 posts
1 Nov 2015 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Scored a few nice ones early today .... timing was magnificent too I got out just as the blowins were arriving en masse .... lubbly jubbly too farken easy

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Nov 2015 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Got in terrible short board surf. Just had to do it before my enforced 5 wk rest

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Nov 2015 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

I got skunked a little by teeing up a surf with a mate who texted me and started carrying on like a baby about where we were planning to go being to big for him and talking mad talk about heading to a bay where it would have waist to head high. Maybe.

Anyway, I talked him round to a wave that picks up a little less swell than all of it. Had a lot of fun and got a bunch of waves on the 8'. One late drop where I had no expectation of making it and nailed it sticks in life mind and I have been playing it back. It's cool knowing a board didn't let you down because it was pretty much vertical and as I took off I expected to be nose diving, but the rail bit and came round.

A few pics. In the background of the first is Cow Bombie fluffing around. Twenty years ago we used to look from here and wonder if it was surfable and exactly how far out it was. It was further out than expected, was surfable, and was way bigger than we could have imagined.

[/

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
1 Nov 2015 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Got in terrible short board surf. Just had to do it before my enforced 5 wk rest

Whens your little op LL? I'm still laid up.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Nov 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Got a call at 4.30 saying it was rubbish .....Got another call an hour later saying its cleaned up and fun....So enjoyed some waves the crew

\got a board to the head yesterday at the alley in knee high waves by some idiot chick on a longboard

No injury? If not, lucky. A bloke today opened himself up when a barrel clamped on him and his board hit his temple. He didn't know how bad it was and went in when I told him. He probably needed a couple of stitches. Reinforced my decision to Gath it up for solid waves or crowded conditions.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Nov 2015 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Howling winds and no swell here so no surf for me. Plus it's the weekend. Watching the replay and having a few beers instead

I am really missing my gath the few surfs I have had back here. Think I may get me another one to leave here. Needed more here than in Indo with the shear number of plonkers in the lineup. Glad you ok Chrsipy. Go get one - your fin chop inspired me to get one and I have been stoked ever since.

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Nov 2015 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics Drip, I like that surf spot. Used to surf there a lot coz I worked at a vineyard over the road from the turn off. Wasn't a prob with the Hilux, not sure how the Xtrail would handle the rocky parts. Roughly I imagine

Had some fun on my 6'4 today. Bit of size & I had a nice little sucky spot away from most of the crew. But my arms got tired pretty quick & had to grab the log. Really need to fix my CW whalebone for days like today. The logs not suited to overhead waves, still fun though.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Nov 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Nice pics Drip, I like that surf spot. Used to surf there a lot coz I worked at a vineyard over the road from the turn off. Wasn't a prob with the Hilux, not sure how the Xtrail would handle the rocky parts. Roughly I imagine

Had some fun on my 6'4 today. Bit of size & I had a nice little sucky spot away from most of the crew. But my arms got tired pretty quick & had to grab the log. Really need to fix my CW whalebone for days like today. The logs not suited to overhead waves, still fun though.

The track is abysmal at the moment. I've bottomed out in the rock garden twice the last three times I have gone in. An X trail came over the rock garden with me last week but thought better of the downhill which has some ugly pinnacles and big step downs.

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Nov 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Thought that would be the case...would probably have to do the walk of shame with the xtrail. I'd prefer to head down the next place North but last I heard something big washed up attracting things with big teeth.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Nov 2015 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said...

The track is abysmal at the moment. I've bottomed out in the rock garden twice the last three times I have gone in. An X trail came over the rock garden with me last week but thought better of the downhill which has some ugly pinnacles and big step downs.

Haha if its were i think, we managed to convince our school teacher over 25 years ago that he could get a buss with a trailer down the track.. He was not so impressed when we finally got their

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Nov 2015 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Whens your little op LL? I'm still laid up.

Tuesday mate. log surf at the alley. had a guy do a dropin . funny because he completely kooked it and he's better then that.

now he's my best mate. a couple of guys in the carpark said I got a stack of waves. right board for the job I said. nice to hear a good comment once in while- not like in here

thank god I didn't listen to you and get rid of the mct nr

chrispy. at any point break treat everyone like they are an idiot.

more so then you see mct boards

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
1 Nov 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Oh who was it that dropped in? and as Chrispy said earlier never trust the carpark gang

Good luck with the ab inserts

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Nov 2015 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Thought that would be the case...would probably have to do the walk of shame with the xtrail. I'd prefer to head down the next place North but last I heard something big washed up attracting things with big teeth.

Someone was telling me a few days ago CALM removed the whale carcass. Dunno how they would have done it though. And mates who ignored the beach closed left the water pretty quick when a huge submarine went between them in the line up. Muppets.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Nov 2015 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

I'll have a surf in the morning. Wind is going to be southerly so will need to go looking around. Banks pretty ordinary lately

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Nov 2015 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Surprisingly good waves today with only a few guys out on short boards. I went straight out on the log without looking not expecting much, then popped in for the short board since every one else was riding one. A very rare event at my local. Had so many "just one more wave", waves but was just too fun to bail...

Blissfully wrecked

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Nov 2015 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Not happy. Two days in a row of East winds with nowhere half decent to surf. Maybe tomorrow

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Nov 2015 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Sydney sucks for waves still

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
5 Nov 2015 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

There's been waves - but I've been in bed crook the last four days. At least there's cricket today.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Nov 2015 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Sydney sucks for waves still

Very ordinary banks here Ted. Hoping this rain and weather might fix it a bit. I'm not feeling a whole lot of sympathy for you with all of that Indo time you've had

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Nov 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Yes I admit I have been very fortunate this year. As I said to a mate in Indo last night on the phone - if I ever moan about things over there again please punch me !

Hope you feeling better soon Mr Drip.

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Nov 2015 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

Timed well for the cross shore to swing onshore & bring in the gazillion 666'ers. Waves not holding up well today, but the odd nice set wave hitting the reef right. Just a quick couple of hours after yesterdays marathon

Looking like absolute cr@p tomorrow...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Nov 2015 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Just about to leave now. Nor east swell which always break better around here.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
6 Nov 2015 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Just about to leave now. Nor east swell which always break better around here.

Have a good one.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
6 Nov 2015 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Odd one out front

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Nov 2015 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Cleaner up your way than I would have expected Capatain, but I guess that wind did back right off after about 0830

Bit better than expected this morning...got down just before 7 coz I was expecting the wind to turn onshore. Seems a lot of people thought the same & were having a look at some ugly hung over looking conditions. The carpark crowd bailed & I headed out on the shortboard. Got some nice long fast crackers in between the close outs & the wind backed off to some fairly nice conditions, but still wrong swell direction making for choosy wave choice. Lightning on the horizon was cool

Swell dieing in the ass & bad winds for tomorrow. Good to get a few today coz the weekends not looking good for here at all...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Nov 2015 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few. Bit bumpy after yesterdays wind but the forecast is for offshore winds here later. With the high tide theres going to be some good waves on the beaches this afternoon and I'm off to work.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
7 Nov 2015 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

Northerly still up setting the points but this 50 min south was taken a hour ago

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Nov 2015 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

Dam. The new forecast shows what looks like a week of morning surfing.

This wasnt part of the plan

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo