Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
18 Apr 2016 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
The problem with that wave is that when its a bit bigger and you are trying to gun it through the first section from high up on the reef the last thing you need is someone pushing the wave down in front of you of dropping in and forcing you into a direction change to avoid them and the others paddling out. You definitely need to take a high line through it.

But yeah - they just don't see whilst looking straight at ya ! But that is Bali for ya. Other parts of Indo are how it should be - taking turns.

Mate to be honest with you I can't recall ever having someone drop in on me there or causing those kind of issues. I only surf airport rights when its at least double to triple overhead & sit on the inside bubble. Most people sit off on the shoulder or on the outside bubble which generally crumbles through to the third section before it barrels unless tide is low & the swell is massive. Last time I was there there was only 2 of us sitting on the inside bubble & everyone else was way out on the shoulder. The waves I catch either shut down on the 3rd section & someone takes off way ahead of me or the wave doesn't wall up there to allow them to drop in...I think last weekend would of been only head 1/2 to double on the freak sets yeah just a bit small to prevent that kinda sh1t happening. Better off at mids 1 or mids 2 (on the low)at that size imo.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Apr 2016 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

fun waves on the longboard again

should have stayed home as i was told the waves got a gooda. Instead i went down the coast and met heaps of people that wanted to be friend still a very day

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Mick was on those lefts - not the right. JB did not have the helmet as it stays in my normal Indo residence. I don't even surf in Bali as a general rule - and if so its well away from crowds at a few places most do not know about. I was strapped for time and happened to Have a board with me as needed to bring one back to Oz. Planning on leaving the Evo in Australia and taking back something else when it comes off the ship. I love the Evo but have decided to bring it back here as it has a good enough range as a one board option in Oz. the new one for Indo is a bit more suited to the waves I normally ride over there - a lot less tail area. I will ride that when it arrives and then decide if it gets the call up for Indo. If so the Evo will stay here in Oz for those moments I need a board. I have flirted with a few diff boards the last few months and nothing comes close to it. Has been a hard decision take it from Indo. But I can always take it back.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
19 Apr 2016 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed in town today...fun, warm water waves on the LB.
On the subject of drop ins...had a most blatant one of all time today.
There were two take of points, one out further than the other inside section, and you work hard to make to inside section from outside, but far longer rides.
So catching waves from the wide take off , I had a chap on the inside section start paddling inside as I cut back to the foam ball from the open face.
I called at him .. oi no no no no no no NO..could not believe what happened next.
Looked straight at me, paddled flat out...looked at me again and then stood up...freakin astounded.
As I took evasive action, he straightened out and ran clean over another surfer...from what I heard that did not go well and captain drop in left the water...fast!!!!
(He was almost at a run as I noticed him heading for his car). No one hurt, but I believe a board was badly damaged.
I know we or perhaps only me have all at sometime made bad calls on take offs but this one I was friggin stunned .
Not snapper rocks by any means, I know, but with low crowds, buckets of waves, why even think about doing it! (not that you should ever)

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
19 Apr 2016 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Low act mate, sounds like he won't do it again if he took off scared

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Had a rest day yesterday with the foot, it felt much better this morn , until my first wave
Now in ice , how long does a brused bottom of the foot last?

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
19 Apr 2016 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Had a rest day yesterday with the foot, it felt much better this morn , until my first wave

If you were from QLD it wouldnt stop you

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

I'm a girl I know Mac :)can't put weight on it or I go down.

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Climber that sucks.i bet he was on a mid-length

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

cobra post a picture of it for us

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Apr 2016 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Did is it a bruise or platar fascitis? they feel kinda similar but one you can fix with exercise the other you have to wait for it to heel

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Apr 2016 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few today. Some head high and slightly overhead sets. It was a bit lumpy and hard to stay on but still got a few

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
19 Apr 2016 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Cobra that surfed out he fell asleep

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hahaha that's gold Mac, hey Tux the wife said sole is bruised with a bit of swelling in the joint.
Mac you know what happened to a breeze member posting pic's of himself, mate the name is billy not silly

Salty Sea Dog
VIC, 346 posts
19 Apr 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a local beachy this morning with a mate and two others. 3-4ft glassy conditions, beautiful sunshine, and good times had by all. Just a shame I had to leave for work. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow morning!!

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
19 Apr 2016 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Climber that sucks.i bet he was on a mid-length

Ummm .eeerrrrrr hmmm.. no waiting inflame the raging board debates ...but actually he was ...

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
19 Apr 2016 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

it makes my blood boil when people try to copy my style

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Apr 2016 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Mick was on those lefts - not the right. JB did not have the helmet as it stays in my normal Indo residence. I don't even surf in Bali as a general rule - and if so its well away from crowds at a few places most do not know about. I was strapped for time and happened to Have a board with me as needed to bring one back to Oz. Planning on leaving the Evo in Australia and taking back something else when it comes off the ship. I love the Evo but have decided to bring it back here as it has a good enough range as a one board option in Oz. the new one for Indo is a bit more suited to the waves I normally ride over there - a lot less tail area. I will ride that when it arrives and then decide if it gets the call up for Indo. If so the Evo will stay here in Oz for those moments I need a board. I have flirted with a few diff boards the last few months and nothing comes close to it. Has been a hard decision take it from Indo. But I can always take it back.

Oh mids 1, I had a feeling you might have been talking about there. That place is about 9th on my favourite Bali wave list mate & only coz its so consistent, handles all tides & easy to reach from the area I like to stay during dry season. Apart from airport rights, most of my favourite waves are on the East coast.

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Apr 2016 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Cobra said..

cobra post a picture of it for us

No please don't, it was bad enough the last time someone did that .....btw its about time that someone came back, he's had enough of a holiday now I reckon

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
19 Apr 2016 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

post a picture of it . in ****ty undies , then all your mates will believe you and feel sorry for you and ..........................

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
19 Apr 2016 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Had a rest day yesterday with the toosh, it felt much better this morn , until my first wave
Now in ice , how long does a bruised bottom last?

I really think mangoes are better eaten cobra,but this is definitely a question for the mango muncher Pup

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said...
Cobra said..
Had a rest day yesterday with the toosh, it felt much better this morn , until my first wave
Now in ice , how long does a bruised bottom last?

I really think mangoes are better eaten cobra,but this is definitely a question for the mango muncher Pup

Hey tomorrow I will post a yoga pic of myself, bhahaha I'm full on no joke, just to pissed ATM

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

Macaha said..

it makes my blood boil when people try to copy my style

the old head dip, slightly mis interpreted , but everyone will be doing it soon.

MickPC
8266 posts
20 Apr 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Got down early expecting more than what there was, just some fun little waves to share with the 666 social group who all went in after an hour for a coffee

When I say share, I mean 2 or 3 people on each wave otherwise we'd all be waiting 45 mins for a wave to ourselves. Can be fun on the small waves too reading not only the wave for yourself, but cutting back so the bloke in front of you can stay on as well.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Apr 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Got some nice little waves on a really nice bank today. A bit crowded because its still school holidays. Got some nice left handers on the 10'6 Still in boardies and a rashie here . Beautiful Autumn weather

Cobra
9106 posts
20 Apr 2016 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

No surf today the foot was blown up ,it's ok as no surf on the point.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Apr 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
No surf today the foot was blown up ,it's ok as no surf on the point.

I've got a heel spur and its giving me some grief . It comes and goes but if it gets too bad I might need a cortisone shot. Had them before for a heel spur years back and it hurt

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
20 Apr 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

First surf today in a VERY long time. Had the 8 foot nugget out. Was luck enough to sit out the back with Dave Basher. He was surfing his lovely Tyler Stepdeck and catching some great waves. Great guy and was giving me some good advice

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2016 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

How did the Nugget go? You a fan?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2016 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Oh mids 1, I had a feeling you might have been talking about there. That place is about 9th on my favourite Bali wave list mate & only coz its so consistent, handles all tides & easy to reach from the area I like to stay during dry season. Apart from airport rights, most of my favourite waves are on the East coast.

Yeah I know your fav is the other one but you would have enjoyed it that day - if the crowds had been less - I know I would have I am also a fan of your other ones

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo