Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
21 Nov 2016 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Those Rincon USA look like the Bells Bowl!
Beautiful swell!
(Previous page)

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Nov 2016 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

Heading out in 10 9 8 7 6 .......

thePup
13831 posts
22 Nov 2016 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Did the early early at the point ..... some size & probably sets of 3 or 4 ..... but it wasn't working perfectly & the paddle out was a bit wild hahahaha - it got just about everyone at some time snagged a couple of really good things ...... and got my arse handed to me on the bank (just over knee high water ) geez I got caught on that farken bank & in the sweep a couple of times ..... watched my legs go over my ears a couple of times at least ...... ahhhhhhhh swell bring it on

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
22 Nov 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from some nice waist to shoulder high waves. It was a bit slow at first then the tide started coming in and it seemed to get a lot better. Really nice long fast lefts. Broke my leggie straightening out on a closeout and my board was retrieved by a lovely looking woman in a bikini so that that was nice too. All up it was a good day. Rode the 11 footer.

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
22 Nov 2016 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone score DI

thePup
13831 posts
23 Nov 2016 5:30AM
Thumbs Up

Lots & Lots & Lots of water moving today ...... some places are breaking well over 100 yards out , sweep was amazing to watch , saw some absolute hidings ..... board repairers might be busy tomoz

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
23 Nov 2016 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

I was told over 300 out between Snapper and Greenmount.

thePup
13831 posts
23 Nov 2016 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

Shorties were the only ones who could get the sections , didn't see a whole lot of Longys out .... good duckdiving practice for the lads today only way to get back out

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Nov 2016 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

a slow day then?

thePup
13831 posts
23 Nov 2016 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

a slow day then?

Hey I went a little beachie mate on the way back - tides pretty low & there's sets breaking not all that far from the Hook buoys .... farken surreal

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
23 Nov 2016 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

noosa looks ok.....

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
23 Nov 2016 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing at all! On shore twaddle.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Nov 2016 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Not much doing here either. We had a bit of a northeast swell but this horrible south east wind came up and wrecked it. Doesn't matter though because I've caught dozens of waves over the past two days. There'll be more

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Nov 2016 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Sadly still out of the water. Today it's pumping which just seems so unfair . Hope you fellas been making the most of it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Nov 2016 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Sadly still out of the water. Today it's pumping which just seems so unfair . Hope you fellas been making the most of it

That looks good Ted. It's pumping down here too but the east - south east wind is wrecking it everywhere.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
25 Nov 2016 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow and Sunday its been pretty tragic down here

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Nov 2016 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that does look good Ted.

I threw a couple of shorties in the car & was expecting to surf the local beachie. But I had a look at the local first which only had a couple of 666'ers & some fun little knee to waist high waves. Figured a few of those would be more fun than close outs, so washed the dust off my 666 instead

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Nov 2016 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from pretty good waves. got some nice ones and got caught inside a number of times as well but it was worth it.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
28 Nov 2016 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

dam wind is stuffing up a good swell... has been for a while ....sup rider going well at south BB ..hot day here ...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Nov 2016 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said...
dam wind is stuffing up a good swell... has been for a while ....sup rider going well at south BB ..hot day here ...

3-4ft on the sets here . Was not glassy,just a bit of lump.

Report said one ft musher burger so I took the logrom

Had a mate kindly lend me a 7'4 single. Really nice board,just weird for not having any hard edges in the rail and a rolled/flat bottom instead of my usual concave.

I did learn how a good surfer can ride anything...this board was so flat I could not do my usual bottom turn or it was bye bye nose dive

Water was lovely

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Nov 2016 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Another day in paradise, clean chest high waves with a few friends at the local

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Different story here today. Wind has gone south east and theres nothing on offer. Heading down the coast to see a mate tomorrow around the Ulladulla area so I'm pretty sure there will be a few waves on down there.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
29 Nov 2016 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Different story here today. Wind has gone south east and theres nothing on offer. Heading down the coast to see a mate tomorrow around the Ulladulla area so I'm pretty sure there will be a few waves on down there.

Maybe Rennies smh or north Mollymook on the longboard ,have fun mate
Me, I'm going nowhere,got the back support brace on and pilled up to the max,no surfing for me for a while

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Me, I'm going nowhere,got the back support brace on and pilled up to the max,no surfing for me for a while

I was thinking Green Island Al. Midweek crowds can still be a problem though.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

I PM'd you Al

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
29 Nov 2016 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Oh that dose not sound good at all mate,when my back goes I'm out for a week and in screaming pain the first few days I almost cry.

Speedy recovery mate and how did you do it?

thePup
13831 posts
29 Nov 2016 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Geez mate what the fark did you do to get that punishment you magnificent bastard of a thing thoughts are with ya Alllllbury

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
29 Nov 2016 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said..

Oh that dose not sound good at all mate,when my back goes I'm out for a week and in screaming pain the first few days I almost cry.

Thanks Mac and smh,just got back from physio,feel about 50% better now but still there.I get bulging discs Mac and they press or pinch the nerves in my lower back,I've been getting it for 15 odd years now but just gets worse and lasts longer Dont worry Mac mate,you aren't the only one to nearly cry,I can usually handle a bit of pain but this just drives me insaine.It does go away after about 2 weeks then I'm right as rain like nothings happened,I'm off work for a few days now because my job I do is bending and lifting most of the day(Gardener).Cheers fellas

Thanks smh,I've thought many times about surgery but that is my most definite last resort,like you say more exercise is probably needed,I'm a bit lazy like that sometimes Ah yeah forgot about Green Island ,Manyana,Backs
Thanks Pup,bloody did it at work ,but can't get compo,it's been an on going thing mate for years,getting waves mate,hope all's well,you glorious golden wordsmith,hahaha
One saving grace today for me today was I called in to see Bob Brown and ordered a new 10 footer

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..

Thanks Mac and smh,just got back from physio,feel about 50% better now but still there.I get bulging discs Mac and they press or pinch the nerves in my lower back,I've been getting it for 15 odd years now but just gets worse and lasts longer Dont worry Mac mate,you aren't the only one to nearly cry,I can usually handle a bit of pain but this just drives me insaine.It does go away after about 2 weeks then I'm right as rain like nothings happened,I'm off work for a few days now because my job I do is bending and lifting most of the day(Gardener).Cheers fellas

Thanks smh,I've thought many times about surgery but that is my most definite last resort,like you say more exercise is probably needed,I'm a bit lazy like that sometimes

One saving grace today for me today was I called in to see Bob Brown and ordered a new 10 footer

He makes nice boards Al. Look forward to the pics.

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
29 Nov 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

10 FOOTER

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo