Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Dec 2016 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
It was alright this morning. Moved between the two waves in the pic. Spent most of the time on the one with the surfer.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

SP said..
Awesome shot Drip

Its a ripper. A mate took it. He always surfs a nearby wave but never travels south to where I surf, like I never travel north to his (yes there are a pile of reefies all lined up). He snapped it from the shore. I'd like to claim that was me on the bottom, but I'm a goofy. I'll let him know people appreciated it.

Give him the thumbs up from me as well - ripper of a shot ! ! ! ! ! I would also have been on the beach snapping shots that day - not in the water

Meanwhile not far from Al's place this happened today - they have now had an incident just north and just south of Forster. Summer crowds are days away. That place where the attack happened this morning will probably have 500 plus people camping there in a few weeks time.

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Dec 2016 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said...
Great pic Drip, I wouldn't be calling that babies today haha...hell of a lot bigger than here this morning. I took down a couple of shorties feeling like a shortboard surf but was forced to surf the longboard coz the waves between the infrequent sets were suited to longboarding. Had some fun ones though

Actually it was yesterday but I hadn't pushed the post button on the open window on my phone.

Fair enough.....your about to be invaded by comp frothers heading down for this weekends YalMal...blokes been talking about it the last 2 weeks, few friends headed down tonight...you might wanna head up here for a surf this weekend

Thats mental Ted, hope the guys wasn't too seriously injured

SP
10979 posts
1 Dec 2016 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...
thedrip said..

SP said..
Awesome shot Drip

Its a ripper. A mate took it. He always surfs a

Meanwhile not far from Al's place this happened today - they have now had an incident just north and just south of Forster. Summer crowds are days away. That place where the attack happened this morning will probably have 500 plus people camping there in a few weeks time.

Yep. Camped there heaps

Sounds like a nightmare come to life
Details

http://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/20841/nick-carroll-on-the-mid-north-coast-crew-were-just-waiting-for-this?utm_content=bufferaf109&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=3CMG

thePup
13831 posts
1 Dec 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Geez that's a fair bite mark .... all the best to that brother

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2016 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Spoke to a mate today who lives up there - he said the same thing - and has been saying it for a while.

After reading this

The news will be a focal point for local surfers and fishermen, who’ve seen increased large shark activity in the area for some time, in sync with what’s been occurring four hours’ drive north.

Been wondering though what sort of car does NC drive? - his brother used to be a bit of a racer in the old days. I wonder if NC has a massive lead foot. It would be pretty dam hard to do that trip in anything close to 4 hours - unless there is some new secret road we don't know about. It takes over an hour to to go just south of Coffs to just North these days ! Plus that horrible bit south of Kempsey is not friendly either. Then further north you have the bends to deal with still. And before that you need to get in and out of Forster - and we all know how crap that can be at times

SP
10979 posts
1 Dec 2016 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Not even on a good day Nick

[

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
1 Dec 2016 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
It was alright this morning. Moved between the two waves in the pic. Spent most of the time on the one with the surfer.

Seriously awesome pic Drip.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2016 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

So are you thinking that someone else might have penned this article for him (NC would never make this sort of rookie error) after a quick conversation - like a ghostwriter or so? He is probably in Hawaii now anyway at this time of the year. Maybe CW has fallen foul of the game here or just an honest mistake?

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
1 Dec 2016 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

thedrip said..

SP said..
Awesome shot Drip

Its a ripper. A mate took it. He always surfs a nearby wave but never travels south to where I surf, like I never travel north to his (yes there are a pile of reefies all lined up). He snapped it from the shore. I'd like to claim that was me on the bottom, but I'm a goofy. I'll let him know people appreciated it.

Give him the thumbs up from me as well - ripper of a shot ! ! ! ! ! I would also have been on the beach snapping shots that day - not in the water

Yeah Ted,I know the bloke who was attacked,not very well but had a few surfs with him,It was a at Booti Booti.Yep your right mate xmas hols is packed

SP
10979 posts
1 Dec 2016 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Ted i think you're thinking that..
But sounds plausible

According to the news

5 drum lines to be deployed in the area immediately

And most importantly the bloke seems to be ok. Nasty wounds though.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Dec 2016 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^ the council and government have gone Fark the shark lovers this time...

Would the same decision have been made if it was winter and not prime holiday season?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Dec 2016 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

what a good pic you should get it framed

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
1 Dec 2016 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

thedrip said..

what a good pic you should get it framed

Yep I agree

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Nowhere ,but change of plans this morning on the new 10 footer,10 inch fixed single fin instead of box and side fins ,already got 2 thrusters anyway

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
3 Dec 2016 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

You've just taken another step up in my respect ranks Al (not that it takes much).

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Dec 2016 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

You can always just take the side bites out

thePup
13831 posts
3 Dec 2016 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..
You've just taken another step up in my respect ranks Al (not that it takes much).

Good work Allllllllllllllbury

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks V,yeah mate thought I might as well go the full Nostalgic package,why not .Yeah Ted I hear ya mate but I can always use the other boards which have those side fins
Thanks Pupmiester,I'll be bringing it on the Autumn roadie for sure mate

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
3 Dec 2016 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Blown out east to south east rubbish today so I went fishing off the barge . Got a few bream and a whiting on small soft plastic lures but nothing to write home about. Don't have to go back to work until Thursday so I'm bound to get a wave between now and then

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Dec 2016 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Stoked with the new clubs,this current weather pattern is driving me and everybody nuts.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Stoked with the new clubs,this current weather pattern is driving me and everybody nuts.

Good on ya Mac,enjoy em mate
Can we call ya Mac Norman now

thePup
13831 posts
3 Dec 2016 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Started off this morning looking like a day of rain ...... cleared up into a wicked day ..... now I'm under a savage evil looking dark grey storm cell & watching Lightning ripping into the hills out back geez where did the light go geez it's gotten dark quick hey hahaha

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Started off this morning looking like a day of rain ...... cleared up into a wicked day ..... now I'm under a savage evil looking dark grey storm cell & watching Lightning ripping into the hills out back geez where did the light go geez it's gotten dark quick hey hahaha

Fun in the tropics mate,I love watching thunderstorms come over in the arvo's.I grab a beer and sit back and watch

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
4 Dec 2016 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

So nice to be in the water this morning,surfed with Bigspazz and Maddison always good to catch up with these guys.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
4 Dec 2016 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Small slop at BB rated at .5 out of 10 ...water temp is way down ...mermaids everywhere...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
4 Dec 2016 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Would the same decision have been made if it was winter and not prime holiday season?

Not wanting to pick any fights but You do realise the drum lines they are using are the "Smart style" and everything they catch they are simply tagging and releasing..Id say they have gone with the method they think will get the least political backlash..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
chrispy said..

Not wanting to pick any fights but You do realise the drum lines they are using are the "Smart style" and everything they catch they are simply tagging and releasing..Id say they have gone with the method they think will get the least political backlash..

No I didn't know that those were the drum lines.

But that was not what I was asking...again.

Move along nothing too see again again

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
4 Dec 2016 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Will have a go tomorrow. Can't be bothered much with weekends

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that's exactly what I thought too mate - might be something early tomoz before the wind hits it actually the week looks interesting

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo