NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..
Me, I'm going nowhere,got the back support brace on and pilled up to the max,no surfing for me for a while

Oh that dose not sound good at all mate,when my back goes I'm out for a week and in screaming pain the first few days I almost cry.

Speedy recovery mate and how did you do it?

Thanks Mac and smh,just got back from physio,feel about 50% better now but still there.I get bulging discs Mac and they press or pinch the nerves in my lower back,I've been getting it for 15 odd years now but just gets worse and lasts longer Dont worry Mac mate,you aren't the only one to nearly cry,I can usually handle a bit of pain but this just drives me insaine.It does go away after about 2 weeks then I'm right as rain like nothings happened,I'm off work for a few days now because my job I do is bending and lifting most of the day(Gardener).Cheers fellas

Thanks smh,I've thought many times about surgery but that is my most definite last resort,like you say more exercise is probably needed,I'm a bit lazy like that sometimes

One saving grace today for me today was I called in to see Bob Brown and ordered a new 10 footer

He makes nice boards Al. Look forward to the pics.

Yeah mate,this is my 4th Bob Brown,I've known Bob for a lot of years,had a joke with him when we where discussing what I wanted and both of us had our glasses on like old fellas,haha he's older than me though by about 20 years
I ordered a 10 foot,triple stringer,light blue stripes on the inside,light yellow on the outside,timber tail block,Volan glass or tint only if it looks ok with the colours,12 inch fin box with side fins,a bit of a mix of old style and new,cant remember other dims because I left the piece of paper there with him,when I go back I'll grab it and let ya know what they are
he's got about 13 boards to do so not sure how long it will be when it's finihed
Oh Yeah,big thanks to Mr V12 for the inspiration

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
10 FOOTER

Yeeeeaaah,I've got Mr Vanders to thank for that,can't wait

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..
Me, I'm going nowhere,got the back support brace on and pilled up to the max,no surfing for me for a while

Oh that dose not sound good at all mate,when my back goes I'm out for a week and in screaming pain the first few days I almost cry.

Thanks Mac and smh,just got back from physio,feel about 50% better now but still there.I get bulging discs Mac and they press or pinch the nerves in my lower back,I've been getting it for 15 odd years now but just gets worse and lasts longer Dont worry Mac mate,you aren't the only one to nearly cry,I can usually handle a bit of pain but this just drives me insaine.It does go away after about 2 weeks then I'm right as rain like nothings happened,I'm off work for a few days now because my job I do is bending and lifting most of the day(Gardener).Cheers fellas

Thanks smh,I've thought many times about surgery but that is my most definite last resort,like you say more exercise is probably needed,I'm a bit lazy like that sometimes

One saving grace today for me today was I called in to see Bob Brown and ordered a new 10 footer

Yeah mate,this is my 4th Bob Brown,I've known Bob for a lot of years,had a joke with him when we where discussing what I wanted and both of us had our glasses on like old fellas,haha he's older than me though by about 20 years
I ordered a 10 foot,triple stringer,light blue stripes on the inside,light yellow on the outside,timber tail block,Volan glass or tint only if it looks ok with the colours,12 inch fin box with side fins,a bit of a mix of old style and new,cant remember other dims because I left the piece of paper there with him,when I go back I'll grab it and let ya know what they are
he's got about 13 boards to do so not sure how long it will be when it's finihed

I'm sure you'll love it Al. As a kid I remember drooling over his boards at a shop called Windansea at Cronulla. Your wave count will go up for sure.

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

Macaha said..

Al G said..

I'm sure you'll love it Al. As a kid I remember drooling over his boards at a shop called Windansea at Cronulla. Your wave count will go up for sure.

I sure will mate,haha I bought one of his boards when I was a young bloke from Shady Haze surf shop at Liverpool,BB twinny
there is a Windensea Cronulla sticker on Ebay atm,but it's a repro : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SURFBOARDS-Vintage-Retro-Sticker-Decal-1970s-LONGBOARD-SURFER-SURF-CRONULLA-/262712896323?hash=item3d2ae8ab43:g:Bn0AAOSwNRlYI~x~

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

That would be a good one to get Al. They had heaps of boards in there back then.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you were sponsored by them Al? The only t-shirt I ever saw you in was a Bob Brown

thePup
13831 posts
29 Nov 2016 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
I thought you were sponsored by them Al? The only t-shirt I ever saw you in was a Bob Brown

He's all class Ted bit of pedigree in there I reckon

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Good work Al, you'll love it mate!!!!
Hope the back comes good soon buddy ;)

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

hahaha,you where only there for a day,i think I changed my clothes Hey Ted,I'am sponsored by them" in my own mind"
Hey V thanks mate,can't wait till I get it now,chompin at the bit

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

He's all class Ted bit of pedigree in there I reckon

No pedigree here,just mongrel only

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

vanders1 said..

Hey Ted,I'am sponsored by them" in my own mind"

What type of board mate? any links?

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha said..

Al G said..

vanders1 said..

Hey Ted,I'am sponsored by them" in my own mind"

What type of board mate? any links?

Bob Brown, Mac, I don't think he has a website but he maybe on Facebook,he's really not up with the modern times
This is his old logo which used to read BB surfboards instead of BB longboards from when he started,although he's had a few over the years:

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Nov 2016 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds great mate.

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
29 Nov 2016 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Sounds great mate.

Yeah,when I get it, I'll put some pics up

thePup
13831 posts
30 Nov 2016 5:56AM
Thumbs Up

Somehow managed to help myself to a few reasonably good waves at the Pervatory ..... looked bloody ordinary first up - pretty glad I went out anyway ..... Chrispy's place would have been the go today

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Nov 2016 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Fun glassy waves waist t9.chest high...

Water is the coldest it has been all year

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Nov 2016 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Bit bigger than expected at the local today, but wind came in early at about 9. Was pretty light though & kept numbers down

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
30 Nov 2016 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Green Island today . Caught heaps of waves . Long lefts

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Nov 2016 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Green Island today . Caught heaps of waves . Long lefts

Im jealous mate. Still rates so high on my list of fun places to surf

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2016 5:55AM
Thumbs Up

Yep with swell on the right angle she is a ripper of a wave. Bit further than your normal local smh glad the drive paid off for ya

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Dec 2016 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

4 hours of longboard fun

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
1 Dec 2016 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Well kids, another onshore small day of nothing! I'm starting to get the shakes as I type this, what am I going to do???? It has been over a week!!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
1 Dec 2016 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandsy1 said..
Well kids, another onshore small day of nothing! I'm starting to get the shakes as I type this, what am I going to do???? It has been over a week!!

GOLF

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Dec 2016 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

It was alright this morning. Moved between the two waves in the pic. Spent most of the time on the one with the surfer.

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
1 Dec 2016 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Sandsy1 said..

GOLF

Now there's a waste of a good walk!

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Dec 2016 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Great pic Drip, I wouldn't be calling that babies today haha...hell of a lot bigger than here this morning. I took down a couple of shorties feeling like a shortboard surf but was forced to surf the longboard coz the waves between the infrequent sets were suited to longboarding. Had some fun ones though

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Dec 2016 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Great pic Drip, I wouldn't be calling that babies today haha...hell of a lot bigger than here this morning. I took down a couple of shorties feeling like a shortboard surf but was forced to surf the longboard coz the waves between the infrequent sets were suited to longboarding. Had some fun ones though

Actually it was yesterday but I hadn't pushed the post button on the open window on my phone.

SP
10979 posts
1 Dec 2016 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome shot Drip

thePup
13831 posts
1 Dec 2016 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Scored well there brother .... love that early morning light

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
1 Dec 2016 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Awesome shot Drip

Its a ripper. A mate took it. He always surfs a nearby wave but never travels south to where I surf, like I never travel north to his (yes there are a pile of reefies all lined up). He snapped it from the shore. I'd like to claim that was me on the bottom, but I'm a goofy. I'll let him know people appreciated it.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo