Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
25 Oct 2014 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

No surf here..........

Noosa for a board meeting weekend, only 3 hours of work this morning then the weekend to ourselves and there's no surf. Grrrrrr!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

checking vanders new post, I find degrading remarks about myself I didn't have any idea about. I've seen that a few times before

what else is in here. do I have to check ever bloody post.

all theses cheap pots shots

training at alley- bloody awful - stay in bed people

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves at the??? .....until 200 people turned up

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Chrissy did you go down to Byron for the surf fest? I got as far as McT did some deals and headed home the road into town was at a stand still all the way back to the highway so I didn't bother.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Chrissy did you go down to Byron for the surf fest? I got as far as McT did some deals and headed home the road into town was at a stand still all the way back to the highway so I didn't bother.

put them up mac

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Righto heres one of them Sumo 7.6

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

cool, what about the 6'5 fish then

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

New evil evoII

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Cali Tanker,imposible to get a good shot of the colour,too much light or reflection.

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
25 Oct 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

The headless dog must be cheap to feed Mac . Love the cali tanker, I have something similar, hand shape by Mat Keane, great fun on the smaller days.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

don't know about the others but the sumo looks awesome

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stuk said..
The headless dog must be cheap to feed Mac . Love the cali tanker, I have something similar, hand shape by Mat Keane, great fun on the smaller days.

Haha stuk,I think he was a surfer in a life gone,overtime the boards come out of the at home he is all over them.

cheers

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Mac the Cali tanker looks fantastic

I will wait a few months to see how much Asea will sell it for

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Cali Tanker,imposible to get a good shot of the colour,too much light or reflection.

I can t believe
a -you have fin box in that board mister.

B- you put a girlie clear fin in

For the love of longboards where is the matching burgundy fin

Nice

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Fixed fins are too restricting Mr Lacey and only a hipstar would put one in,make a mistake with the fin and the boards cactus,oh the fin is a GG special if you must know,see how it goes,with a fin box I can always put another in.

Boofy this board will not be for sale NEVER,it will be part of my retirement plan,one day

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Fixed fins are too restricting Mr Lacey and only a hipstar would put one in,make a mistake with the fin and the boards cactus,oh the fin is a GG special if you must know,see how it goes,with a fin box I can always put another in.

Boofy this board will not be for sale NEVER,it will be part of my retirement plan,one day

whats gg stand for-' giggling girls' fin

boofy, it will be mine inside 6 months

nar, beautiful board buddy

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

George Greenough

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
George Greenough

your avatar looks like one of my favourite ice blocks- redskins

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

you might have to book in tues,wed for our first surf on your new boards.

its that time of year ya gotta go when its on

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Oct 2014 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
you might have to book in tues,wed for our first surf on your new boards.

its that time of year ya gotta go when its on

For sure mate I'll be there I may even go for a paddle tomorrow in the creek.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
25 Oct 2014 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in for Tuesday if you fellas are keen.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
25 Oct 2014 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful board Mac, hope it does the job for ya

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
26 Oct 2014 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

+1 for Tuesday

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
26 Oct 2014 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

When I left BB yesterday morning the northeaster was still blowing and had been non stop for two days.

The traffic was backed up,all the way from town to the indus trial estate and town was full of guys wearing shorts that only came half way to their knees.

Time to leave.

Sunshine Coast is just as Vanders says. Better unpack the camping gear and clean it up.

Nice cw looking board Mac by the way.

ET.

Cobra
9106 posts
26 Oct 2014 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

nice boards mac.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
26 Oct 2014 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

No surf so its time to revisit my 12.6

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Oct 2014 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Completely crap surf this morning,and a crowd that was growing by the minute. That was at 4.50 am had a nice bike ride instead.

Yep after surf mac hit byron,and it was not as bad as I thought. We kept driving down the highway and headed in the other way. Parked the car and had a leisurely ride into the bay. Must say I was pretty disappointed. Thought it would have been way better,was still.some cool.stuff to.see,listen to and watch...plus jr's smokehouse food was epic as usual

On the call cruiser,absolutely beautiful looking sled,needs it's own thread
One question though,for a man who proclaims his love for.surfing off the tail,why buy a noserider? I'm hoping it's because your inner hipster is yearning to learn the art off crostepping yeeeeeoooooooooow.... Or is there another reason?

On the LM Tuesday idea,I think you people are tripping,Wednesday looks like you could surf clean waves all.day down there. Tuesday looks very sketchy imo. Either way I will be down for.a seabreeze surf

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
26 Oct 2014 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

I didn't mate the fest due to traffic going into town,I've seen some cool stuff posted on instra a little bummed I missed it.

The Cruiser was my small wave board but to be honest its really a 10 foot performer and not a cruiser imo,I wanted something
for those knee high days just to get in the water so hence the cali,yes I intend to learn some old school moves on it so if all fails
I can't blame the board as its got truck load of meat in it.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Oct 2014 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to seeing it in the water. learning to.cross step is the funniest thing in the world,I have the biggest stacks doing it, so much fun trying though,and makes me dislike those who make it look easy even more
Pics of byron might have looked good mac.....BUT,it was not worth the hassle imo. We all had fun,it was good having the treadlies with us though

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Oct 2014 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Tues or wed hopefully chrispy. That all you can ask for.
Depends when the change comes through

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo