Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Nov 2014 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

No,it was a place that rhymes with bogan... Way way better than I expected facility wise. Can't wait to go again

On the boat thing,I'm picking up a ski next.week.for straddie runs amongst other things. Was keen on a boat,but space,Time of cleaning and ease all came into it.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Nov 2014 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
No,it was a place that rhymes with bogan... Way way better than I expected facility wise. Can't wait to go again

On the boat thing,I'm picking up a ski next.week.for straddie runs amongst other things. Was keen on a boat,but space,Time of cleaning and ease all came into it.

serious, really.......

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Nov 2014 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Serious lacey. Had nowhere to store a boat,whereas the ski was easy. Been on a few runs over there on a ski and was too.easy. I'm pretty excited

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Nov 2014 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

you getting a tow board made as well

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Nov 2014 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
you getting a tow board made as well

Not a ****ing chance

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Nov 2014 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Why not? Its great fun. You don't need one for the big days - just get something for the 4-6ft days - you will have a ball. Speaking of which I need to come for a visit soon

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
1 Nov 2014 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

You know the WA rules, can't say where. 1km off shore. Dammit
said too much already. Anyway first surf after 8 week knee injury. Solo and it was gooooood. Not one white pointer.
All limbs intact.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Nov 2014 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Welcome back Twimby. Good to see you have recovered. Surf not flash here today sadly might be a lay day for me

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
2 Nov 2014 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Whacko time we have waves fmd

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Nov 2014 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Whacko time we have waves fmd

Had two hours of fun wedgey peaks.....until the devil southerly hit. Fun morning

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
2 Nov 2014 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

I love the southerly I waited until 9 cleaned up to perfection glass super fast low tide,good gang out,it didn't last long before to swell dropped.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
2 Nov 2014 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Wishing I was still here

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Nov 2014 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I love the southerly I waited until 9 cleaned up to perfection glass super fast low tide,good gang out,it didn't last long before to swell dropped.

mate I was looking at the cams and was jealous. but I figured I had better wait with my cuts.

got a thumping dw er in anyway.

it was smoking

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
2 Nov 2014 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Met my accountant the one who surfed every day for a year he was on a hot potato and even Matt was out wtf

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Nov 2014 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice waves Captain. Picked up here this arvo to 8ft on the open coast. Sadly the SE devil wind arrived as well. Maybe tom morning the new gun will get a work out. LL looking buff in yr selfie - you been on Tinder again

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
2 Nov 2014 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Nice waves Captain. Picked up here this arvo to 8ft on the open coast. Sadly the SE devil wind arrived as well. Maybe tom morning the new gun will get a work out. LL looking buff in yr selfie - you been on Tinder again

you at home ? 8 feet ? 4/5th of f8ck all up here!

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
2 Nov 2014 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Yep....the 1/5th out of the 4/5th was nothing but wind blown mush here bloody awful ...........went fishing

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
2 Nov 2014 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Prawnhead said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Yep....the 1/5th out of the 4/5th was nothing but wind blown mush here bloody awful ...........went fishing

get anything ? that cold water is messing with everything at the moment down to 16 C a couple of days here!

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Nov 2014 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said..

climber said..

Prawnhead said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

get anything ? that cold water is messing with everything at the moment down to 16 C a couple of days here!

Heh PH chased fatties on plastic in the lake...did OK. Lot of throw backs...lots ....also some whiting on poppers mid 30's...only a few though....yep water has been friggin cold. The upwelling on the N/easter was doing its thing in Port thats for sure

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Nov 2014 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

At the local...couple of feet...new stick goes like a whipped rat!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Nov 2014 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Tux - glad she is working for ya. Terrible here today - 3 to4 ft and slightly onshore. A shame.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Nov 2014 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

wind swung a bit tot he north and seemed to clean the wave face up - went for a paddle but it was more a battle than a paddle sadly.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
4 Nov 2014 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Nowhere,things are bad

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Nov 2014 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun on the short board this morning. Then took the longboard out when the tide come up. Pulled off my first floater surfing goofy on a little crumbler. Then copped a rail in the hip trying to do it on a slighter bigger one. Lots of strange faces in the water, peeps can't surf Perth atm coz the local authorities laws are too retarded to simply tow a whale carcass out to sea for the sharks to take care of. Things now washed up on the shore making a mess, bloody stupid.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
4 Nov 2014 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Had some fun on the short board this morning. Then took the longboard out when the tide come up. Pulled off my first floater surfing goofy on a little crumbler. Then copped a rail in the hip trying to do it on a slighter bigger one. Lots of strange faces in the water, peeps can't surf Perth atm coz the local authorities laws are too retarded to simply tow a whale carcass out to sea for the sharks to take care of. Things now washed up on the shore making a mess, bloody stupid.

Yeah what a great idea, attract more sharks closer to shore, just what you guys need more of over there.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Nov 2014 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

I can only imagine how that first goofy floater felt - to me I would have been jumping up and down like a 5 yr old child in a sweet store. Well done Mick !!

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Nov 2014 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely right Vanders, unfortunately we have way to many rules & regulations these days. For safety I can understand, but this flys in the face of that.

Cheers Ted, I've been trying to pull one off for a while now. I usually switch back to natural stance coz it feels easier for the weight transition to counter the turbulance. But getting used to it now. What I'm really hoping to do by the end of summer is figure 8's

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Nov 2014 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

Had four hours of fun waist high peelers on my tiny fat quad. Forgot now much fun that board is. Great shape and fast,when the tide filled they were fat and fun. Great morning.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Nov 2014 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

4 hours ! Envy. I spent 4 hrs in a meeting ! Not fair

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Nov 2014 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

1-2 foot and super clean but weak. Decided to do work instead Might take the 10 fter out later for a bash when the chores are done

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo