Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

laceys lane said..
Its ugly aweful this afternòon. Dam

and not any better for the weekend I want a refund already

hang on . its your shout

Alls not lost I may and I say may do a trip down to HQ to suss a couple of boards out,you know give them the hurry up.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Jul 2015 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

tally flatwater classic this Saturday I could do.

no way am I doing a flatwater race- pppfffff

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
23 Jul 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
tally flatwater classic this Saturday I could do.

no way am I doing a flatwater race- pppfffff

r u racing or not,I've got a list of ours who want to come.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Jul 2015 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

me not race fw

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
23 Jul 2015 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
me not race fw

yeah but don't you want to hang out with your paddle mates?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Jul 2015 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..
me not race fw

yeah but don't you want to hang out with your paddle mates?

no

agnak
311 posts
23 Jul 2015 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

runner

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Jul 2015 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Looks better than where I surfed today

Nice pic!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Jul 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Nice pic!

i would have been way happy with that today....as the boys said it was a horrible day....unlike what mac said i have hopes the weekend will be fun

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Jul 2015 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

MickPC said..

Nice pic!

i would have been way happy with that today....as the boys said it was a horrible day....unlike what mac said i have hopes the weekend will be fun

yes the latest forecast looking better

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
24 Jul 2015 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

Haven't surfed since Sunday as the missus is heading over East tomorrow and has had me working double time. I drove down this arvo and watched for far too long without suiting up. No one out and the very very badly surfable one just couldn't enthuse me. Even when Jay Davies walked by and it made me think "contestable". But I'm not Jay and it was rubbish. Jay, on the other hand, went for a swim in boardies.

And here I am thinking of getting a new 4/3.

On the plus side, I stopped in at the local and started planning the next board. Thinking 9'6" x 3 1/4 x 22. Quad with a box so all bases are covered. Low entry rocker with a mild single into double concave and a bit of tail kick. Triple stringer. I also saw the board Shaun Pollard (the guy who lost his hand and arm in a shark attack) has had made. Awesome looking remake of his first single fin. Great spray too from Bam. I can only imagine the grumbling as he did it.

Anyway, I moped home and now I wish I could feel good for all you boys getting waves but nope...I just jealous. The weekend is looking great and I will have the kids.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Jul 2015 3:47AM
Thumbs Up

That new board sounds excellent drip

SP
10979 posts
24 Jul 2015 5:52AM
Thumbs Up

Keep us posted Drip...

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
24 Jul 2015 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

3 and a 1/4 ? tab over kill for your weight,whats the reason behind that the drip

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
24 Jul 2015 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
3 and a 1/4 ? tab over kill for your weight,whats the reason behind that the drip

Fark that some of my shorties are 3 inches thick and knowing where the drip surfs the more paddle power you can get the better off you'll be

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Jul 2015 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Good point waves alley hollow back washy take off.

Dam bloody long boards.

Took me about 6 waves to adjust

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
24 Jul 2015 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Macaha said..

Fark that some of my shorties are 3 inches thick and knowing where the drip surfs the more paddle power you can get the better off you'll be

Cheers Tux

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
24 Jul 2015 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Just like Tux said. It's a gun shape for waves that have me questioning whether or not I want to be out there. Lots of guys go as far as four inch boards here and I am not adverse to going thicker if Mark suggests it. The board itself is a long way off and I have just started email discussions about what I think I want vs what the shaper thinks I need (I am smart enough to listen to him).

I recently surfed my 8' in some solid waves (8 foot with the odd bigger set) with a mate who is an absolute charger and hits the outer reefs here at 15'+ on his 8'6". We swapped boards after the car park comparison. His board was 1 1/2 inches narrower with heaps more nose rocker. When we swapped, I was appalled at how poorly it paddled into waves. His comment was he wouldn't like to take a late drop on my board, to which I replied that his board was making him take late drops as that nose rocker was slowing him down so much. Anyway, after swapping some pm's with people and asking some advice and seeing what people here do, I am happy to begin planning and ordering some sort of gun.

It may finish up being an evolution of what I am riding already, but I have pictures in my head of something based on Simondo's boards and some Kirk Bierke boards I have seen. While up north recently I had two smoking waves where I was trying to pull super high on my 7' single fun to have enough speed before the section threw and I twice slipped out of the face. I kept control both times, but I want some sort of side fins. It may finish up being a 2 + 1 as I really like that feel, but lots of people use quads in guns and I recently enjoyed a quad for the first time. One of the mitigating things that puts me off four plugs and a box is the back end of the board is then just really busy and ugly with blank bits.

Mark is still travelling in a yacht so the board is two months away, but he can come up with a design to be pre cut and hand finished when he gets back.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
24 Jul 2015 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Guns are all about long low entry rocker IMO this allows easy paddling and when you stand up your weight goes back which will lift the nose even more...McT G2's are an excellent example of this...

thePup
13831 posts
24 Jul 2015 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

Managed to score some crackerjack offerings at first light this morning farken stoked deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Jul 2015 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Thought the devil wind would come in & ruin it for me before I got some chores out of the way. Lucky to score some glassy after lunch fun waves with just a couple of clueless 666'ers sitting way too deep. Much better than expected, but I did ding my 6'0 with my knee when I almost copped a rail in the balls farking a floater. Rather ding my board than my balls anyday though lol

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Jul 2015 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

i just lurked around and watched. Was very straight on the low tide,it did start getting better,,,,When it did the crowd were onto it

highlight was watching who i think was you tim on his tiny 666 killing it. some nice barrels and big hacks.

i have higher hopes for tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jul 2015 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Cooking alley waves steep walls the odd barrel and some nice workable sections. Im done. Lots of long tides and walk arounds.

thePup
13831 posts
25 Jul 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Bit of a messy morning for me .... drained a few , copped a few but hey I got wet & had a yak with some mates after

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jul 2015 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Another session .beachies.
Ended up having to myself.

Winds held off.

Ended up being a wavefest saturday.

these are the kinds of days that are made for living.

buggered now.

better rest up for tomorrow

thePup
13831 posts
26 Jul 2015 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Cranking today ...... stoked , frothed , wickeded & totally farked

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Jul 2015 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Good on ya pup.

Second surf . Local beachie on the 5.10 puffer5. Good fun.

Hasnt been big but lots of waves around.

If you didnt get waves this weekend you on the goldie your not trying

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo