Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
30 Dec 2015 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said...
Had a look not flash I've come down with some bug so skipped it.

Is that lm mac? Might have to visit you if there is no surf.....well tomorrow I will

It wasn't great and I wasn't feeling great I would have gone out if well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Dec 2015 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Very top to bottom. Strong off shore. Lot of water moving around. Then bang really crowded

I got a few but was out of sorts first up.smaller ones were sh1t. Just wasnt paddling hard enough and timing was out. Seaplaneitus
Mid session got onto a beauty only to have a mal drop in and try and fad me. All that happened is he came on top of me with his mal whacking me twice for good measure.
Right across my already sore quads.

It hectic and not really my scene these days.
Guess it christmas tho

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Dec 2015 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Had a couple of bangers at a beachie on my way to work...good size but still suffering a bit of morning sickness...new board goes sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
30 Dec 2015 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Very top to bottom. Strong off shore. Lot of water moving around. Then bang really crowded

I got a few but was out of sorts first up.smaller ones were sh1t. Just wasnt paddling hard enough and timing was out. Seaplaneitus
Mid session got onto a beauty only to have a mal drop in and try and fad me. All that happened is he came on top of me with his mal whacking me twice for good measure.

Guess it christmas tho

Hail the new gatekeeper

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Dec 2015 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Who

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
30 Dec 2015 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Who

Oh that would be the guy who dropped in on you and gave you 2 whacks for good measure.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

had some breakfast and been thinking.

I don't know if mac is a great prankster or he really has spat the dummy, but I asked to finish up as a member.

im just looking and going do I need this stuff whether im wrong or right. but it's only apart of my thinking

ive let seabreeze become to much a part of my life. everybody knows way to much kinda thing

and its time to start the new year afresh.

written to laurie and will wait to here from them.

ill keep an eye on you all don't worry.

surf as much as possible all of you old farts

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

You've got to be kidding Lacey called banter in my book. Laurie will reply to you with something like this, have a think about it and not just a knee jerk reaction and he will also say maybe have a rest,he will also say if you give **** be prepared to take some oh baby please don't gotemember that song

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Guess it christmas tho

He must have been an 'out of towner' to not know who he was messing with hey Lacey?

Now pick up that dummy, wipe it off and stick it back in ya mouth, we need the entertainment of you and mac arguing.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Oh apologies to Lacey sent via phone seems I've gone too far with friendly banter me bad

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

nar. guys . I really need to take a break.

the very fact its was screwing me means I need a break. no grudges, just for me

cheers

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Oh apologies to Lacey sent via phone seems I've gone too far with friendly banter me bad

Mac I thought you'd quit wearing your skirt?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

i had the best skate today....confidence in the bowl was my downfall....plenty of kids were scared...then amused when i survived

mac you have done it again.

first you made me quit...

then you made weiry leave...

fark you even made yourself leave at one stage,,,,,

now you have made lacey leave......

he will be back once pup moves in and redoes the carpet

SP
10979 posts
30 Dec 2015 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
nar. guys . I really need to take a break.

the very fact its was screwing me means I need a break. no grudges, just for me

cheers

Yeah a break isn't a bad thing.
Come back when you get a new board,yours are always interesting, you probably ride the best variety of boards in here.
See ya in 2 days..

Speaking of MIA haven't seen the pup post for a while.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
30 Dec 2015 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Lots of fun down here today! Seabreeze just getting into now though...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
30 Dec 2015 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Dec 2015 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

Fingers crossed for the lago....tomorrows looking the goods as wel

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Dec 2015 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

That looks lovely Simondo. I thought about battling the crowds at Curly this morning. Loads of people amped on some clean two footers with crap banks. Decided against it. Went to a few shops to see if there were any second hand short fat flat rockered boards at a reasonable price. Found a JS Pier Pony. Will think it over for a few hours. If it was not the old FCS style fins I probably would have it already. Just do not want to have three diff fin sets !

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
30 Dec 2015 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
That looks lovely Simondo. I thought about battling the crowds at Curly this morning. Loads of people amped on some clean two footers with crap banks. Decided against it. Went to a few shops to see if there were any second hand short fat flat rockered boards at a reasonable price. Found a JS Pier Pony. Will think it over for a few hours. If it was not the old FCS style fins I probably would have it already. Just do not want to have three diff fin sets !

Annesley ted - 550 for a newy and their awesome

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
30 Dec 2015 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Not much Lago down here today Tux...
Swell backed off too.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
31 Dec 2015 12:12AM
Thumbs Up

Simondo, looked very nice.

I surfed a heaving barrel of death that chews bodies and boards at 2-3 foot. A little inconsistent but wally and twisty with fat bits and throwy bits and a backwash running through it with hideous lumps of rocks popping up in the shorebreak.

Yes it was a novelty surf but, at that size, my mate and I had it to ourselves which is no mean feat.

Second surf was at a knee to waist high point break. Pretty happy I started longboard ing this year. We had that to ourselves too. It was pretty crappy, but surfable and fun because we had it to ourselves and options were pretty limited.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
31 Dec 2015 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
Had a couple of bangers at a beachie on my way to work...good size but still suffering a bit of morning sickness...new board goes sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Was that the fishy thing?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Dec 2015 3:05AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we git waves......enjoy the day people

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Dec 2015 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

Annesley ted - 550 for a newy and their awesome

Thanks for that. Was just after a cheapo second hander for 6-8 weeks. If I was going new I would go for something a bit more floaty and Firewire like. He makes nice boards - might see if he has any second hand ones.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
31 Dec 2015 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

Tux said...

Was that the fishy thing?

Yeah bro surfed it again last night and then this morning it goes pretty good....I might be a bit biased but its the only quad I have ridden that I like

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
31 Dec 2015 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Tux, it looked like a nice shape. And no, it doesn't surprise me its Te only quad you have liked. I have only ever enjoyed one quad and I have surfed a bunch of them (wasn't one I shaped myself), so doing one yourself knowing what you DON'T like about them, probably helped you nail it.

My surf yesterday was with a mate who persists on pursuing quads, despite him reckoning they never feel quite right to him. His justification is lots of other people like them so he must be wrong and just needs to dial them in. It's an argument that does my head in.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Dec 2015 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

One wave and I had enough....

Yes it's a world class wave and blah blah blah......but you can stick joint right get up ya farking arse.

Enough is enough and not the feeling I want from surfing to end my year.

The place has more super heroes and dickheads than anywhere on earth....

I will only go back at knee high on the 10ft destructo super board

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
31 Dec 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
Tux, it looked like a nice shape. And no, it doesn't surprise me its Te only quad you have liked. I have only ever enjoyed one quad and I have surfed a bunch of them (wasn't one I shaped myself), so doing one yourself knowing what you DON'T like about them, probably helped you nail it.

My surf yesterday was with a mate who persists on pursuing quads, despite him reckoning they never feel quite right to him. His justification is lots of other people like them so he must be wrong and just needs to dial them in. It's an argument that does my head in.

Cheers bro!!

I took Arkgee's advise and didn't toe the trailers in which I think has helped alot

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
31 Dec 2015 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
One wave and I had enough....

Yes it's a world class wave and blah blah blah......but you can stick joint right get up ya farking arse.

Enough is enough and not the feeling I want from surfing to end my year.

The place has more super heroes and dickheads than anywhere on earth....

I will only go back at knee high on the 10ft destructo super board

Bummer :(

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
31 Dec 2015 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from OK waves. 2 foot with the occasional bigger one. Was lucky to get a parking spot because lugging the 11 footer back up the hill is no picnic. Got a few amongst the holiday hoards. Roll on Autumn

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo