Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
14 Jan 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah sorry boys I don't have a camera at the moment. I killed one duck diving a bomb at airport rights on the first day of the "swell of the decade". And the other one died when I crash landed a parasail in Langkawai in September...I did edit a video for new years & then didn't post it coz I wasn't happy with it. Was going to re edit the vid, but stuff it I'll post it as it is...buying a new camera about April when we get consistent swell & I can claim duty free. Will try & make a lot more vids this year

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Jan 2016 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Never fails to amaze me how it can go from great surf to a pond overnight...

Havn't seen Pup in ages Ted, a mate of his says he's working hard on his house. Which is pretty much what he told me the last time I saw him.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Jan 2016 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Nice one Mick glad you got some. Was the Pup in the water with ya?

Hope things heal fast Mr Funk. Bloody hot here today. Ahhhhhh wish we had something resembling a wave

Southerly came through about half an hour ago and it's raining . Got all the windows in the house open and letting that cool breeze in.

SP
10979 posts
14 Jan 2016 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Nice one Mick glad you got some. Was the Pup in the water with ya?

Hope things heal fast Mr Funk. Bloody hot here today. Ahhhhhh wish we had something resembling a wave

I hope the southerly is on the way,
That's 7 degrees cooler then up here. Been halfway up the hunter valley today and it was a balmy 46.... and a breeze that was like a fan forced oven..

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
14 Jan 2016 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

No Surf today...but score some super fun with No1 son and his mate on a 1-2ft little peak
2hrs of fits and giggles as we all tried to "stupid stuff"
No1 son's mate was struggling to grab a wave so I gave him my 6'6 x 21 x 2.75 "groveller"..he then became a wave pig
He gave me his........6.0 x 18 x 2.25 shorty ...bloody good board if you are 14yrs old and 50kg.....friggin hell it became a challenge!
To get my 93kg frame to ride it.........
Like I said we all had fits and giggles

But it was ridden
(Oh..no surf today...major north wind early and very small waves ....hope the change swing tomorrow)

SP
10979 posts
15 Jan 2016 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Did you catch any on it Climber..

And where do you go on holiday, must be good, you live pretty close to paradise...

jfunk
QLD, 255 posts
15 Jan 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Thanks mate.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Spent a lot of time surfing Gumtree of late.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
15 Jan 2016 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of glassy ones thought the swell might have been bigger but still good fun,water really warm and wind cross off to non existent,will check it for a latey around 5ish.Hope you're all getting a few

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
15 Jan 2016 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Took the groms out in pumping 1 foot cosy corner...geez I wish I was about 70kg lighter

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
15 Jan 2016 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
Took the groms out in pumping 1 foot cosy corner...geez I wish I was about 70kg lighter

That's only part of the puzzle - 20 years younger wouldn't go astray either.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Jan 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed nowhere today . Went fishing and didn't do too well either but it was better than being at work. Howling southerly here but favourable winds are forcast from Monday on and I don't have to be at work until Thursday

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Bang on que the southerly has hit,glass off atm,looking forward to tomorrow.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Jan 2016 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

same hear.

that rogue asea rang.

he thinks it will be small.

who cares

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

same hear.

that rogue asea rang.

he thinks it will be small.

who cares

Pfff don't listen to him,he is a blow in from up north.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Jan 2016 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Me too and especially over your way. Can you explain why no one ever returns emails or text messages around Byron..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Jan 2016 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

I had my son (Eleven) out last night also, it was super tinny but still maybe 12 other surfers in the line up. A rather small take of area and the smaller ones were just not working right. He fluffed around for the first half an hour but then that light bulb moment and he was ripping. He even started to take his turn on the set waves and the vibe was so pumping. On one wave in he was high 5'd but another surfer paddling back out. Lots of hooting by everyone and i couldn't contain my smile. Only stopped when we ran out of light

Kids rule..

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Macaha said..

Me too and especially over your way. Can you explain why no one ever returns emails or text messages around Byron..

No idea,they don't have Mc Donald's so no wifi connection

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Got some bad news from the bay today.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Jan 2016 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Sounds interesting..

I already new the stairs in front of my house have been damaged by erosion so the path has been closed, is it worse than that

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Tux said..

I had my son (Eleven) out last night also, it was super tinny but still maybe 12 other surfers in the line up. A rather small take of area and the smaller ones were just not working right. He fluffed around for the first half an hour but then that light bulb moment and he was ripping. He even started to take his turn on the set waves and the vibe was so pumping. On one wave in he was high 5'd but another surfer paddling back out. Lots of hooting by everyone and i couldn't contain my smile. Only stopped when we ran out of light

Kids rule..

Yeah cool,thats what its all about eh JB,they're the moments you remember as a dad,so stoked for ya kids experiencing something that you know how good it is.Southerly hit hard this arvo so no 2nd surf for me so kitesurfed the local with some lumpy waves out the box,tmorow early might be the go,avagoodweegend

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
Did you catch any on it Climber..

And where do you go on holiday, must be good, you live pretty close to paradise...

Thanks SP. yes did catch a couple on the board ... Fark it was small. Soon as I lost any sort of speed it just sunk??????
Yep. Living here is awesome. Love the place. As for the holidays. Broken Head. Been going there for a few years now. It more about great times than surf but I do get my share of waves????. Ourselves and another family and some friends book out 2 cabins and 4 tent sites. Heaps of fun and tall stories
And some great surf... Particularly if you are prepare to walk for 20 mins??????
Cheers
g

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
15 Jan 2016 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Lacey bought the 2 boards from under you?

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

What, ya lost ya reserved car park outside the Mctav show room...!!

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
Macaha said..

After Lacey crashed his sea plane last week he is unable to return any time soon. On a serious note Wiz is not doing too good has a battle on his hands.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

vanders1 said...

Macaha said..

After Lacey crashed his sea plane last week he is unable to return any time soon. On a serious note Wiz is not doing too good has a battle on his hands.

Geez that's no good, hope he wins the battle. Such a character.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
15 Jan 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

that is no good, hope all goes well for him .

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
16 Jan 2016 6:10AM
Thumbs Up

Snapper easy double over head on the sets ,wheres" the drip "on his new board?

jfunk
QLD, 255 posts
16 Jan 2016 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

My mate who lives 2km from Jaws - Pe'hai, tells me it will be huge today, bigger than the comp there a month or so ago. Swell peaks in 3 hours.

Get on it.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
16 Jan 2016 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Tides on the up,conditions have improved wet and cold here.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo