thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Jan 2016 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
thedrip said..

smh said...
I went down the town this arvo to pick up some Thai takeaway and it's really picked up from this morning.

Do you ride the same board or do you have a gun for bigger stuff?

Mate I can only ride a 666. Cant jump to my feet properly after a back injury. I've got 2 longboard style boards and a narrower pointy one for when it gets bigger. My shortest board is 10'6. It's got some size out of the south down here today. I'm working all weekend but will be out there from Monday on. Good to see you're all getting some waves

Yep. Knew about your back and longboard style SUPs. I was just wondering about their efficacy when it got bigger or if the early in with the paddle alleviated the drawbacks of a wide nose, or if you had a board for the bigger waves. Is the 10'6" the gunny one?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Jan 2016 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

smh said...

thedrip said..

smh said...
I went down the town this arvo to pick up some Thai takeaway and it's really picked up from this morning.

Mate I can only ride a 666. Cant jump to my feet properly after a back injury. I've got 2 longboard style boards and a narrower pointy one for when it gets bigger. My shortest board is 10'6. It's got some size out of the south down here today. I'm working all weekend but will be out there from Monday on. Good to see you're all getting some waves

Yep. Knew about your back and longboard style SUPs. I was just wondering about their efficacy when it got bigger or if the early in with the paddle alleviated the drawbacks of a wide nose, or if you had a board for the bigger waves. Is the 10'6" the gunny one?

Its 29 wide so not very narrow but the longboard style boards i have go pretty good in the bigger waves as well. Not too big though. It's pretty punishing getting worked with a board that big. I've got a belly board as well which is good for a change of pace.

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
9 Jan 2016 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

thedrip said..

smh said...

thedrip said..

smh said...

Its 29 wide so not very narrow but the longboard style boards i have go pretty good in the bigger waves as well. Not too big though. It's pretty punishing getting worked with a board that big. I've got a belly board as well which is good for a change of pace.

Funny you say that smh about belly boards.When I lived at Currumbin for a while my mate there knew Jim Banks fairly well,we went around to his shop one day and just having a yack,I saw this bellyboard leaning against the wall.I had a joke with him and said is that your kids or some kids board,he said no it's mine,I ride it quiet often to get the feel of tuberiding!...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Jan 2016 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

thedrip said..

smh said...

thedrip said..

smh said...

Funny you say that smh about belly boards.When I lived at Currumbin for a while my mate there knew Jim Banks fairly well,we went around to his shop one day and just having a yack,I saw this bellyboard leaning against the wall.I had a joke with him and said is that your kids or some kids board,he said no it's mine,I ride it quiet often to get the feel of tuberiding!...

They're heaps of fun . Mark Rabbidge made it up for me a few years back . It flies I think Cuttlefish has one as well and pretty sure someone else here does as well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Jan 2016 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Lm on the seaplane a bit uneven and random.
Scored a cracker from wide of the point to the beach. Lined up all the way.
A carpark wave

Didnt see vanders

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
10 Jan 2016 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Oh pfff only paddle out once all the others were walk back up the point

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
10 Jan 2016 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

12 surfs in 13 days @ the local point - almost looking forward to the northerlies forecast for Tuesday I think.

Had so many amazing waves of past couple of weeks. People travel all over the world for these waves we've had.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
10 Jan 2016 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Ohhh Stop it! That's too good! Lap it up while you can that's awesome!!

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
10 Jan 2016 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed in town this morning with a couple of old mates up here on hols,nice in the water and not fantastic but not bad waves!..

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
10 Jan 2016 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

The old fella went home for a nap so I went back out this time at LM smaller but the water is so so nice.

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
10 Jan 2016 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
The old fella went home for a nap so I went back out this time at LM smaller but the water is so so nice.

So did this old fella Geez the water would be magic up your way now Mac

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Jan 2016 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Had a few fun ones today. Good thing about days like this most people look at it & think it looks sh1t. But then when there's only 2 of you out & shoulder high consistent sets its a lot of fun

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jan 2016 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

I'm into it tomorrow . Just hope there's some swell left . It was still decent size today

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Jan 2016 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves last night and fun ones again this morning. Lots of 2-3ft wedges with a touch of hollowness made for lots of fun. Crowd - non existent. A walk is a good way to avoid them The Evo has been going ok for me but I think the Nano was a much better performer in the smaller fatter stuff. Once you get on a good one though the Evo leaves it for dead. You just need to get it moving whist the Nano is much better in marginal waves.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
11 Jan 2016 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Local beachie....NE winds and new weather system have killed the groundswell here
2ft of fun was available on the dying swell

Heh Ted, I know why there was no crowd where you were...they were all here ..... but the vibe was "tense" in the lineup . It was like everyone was scrambling for the last wave of their life..Got out after about 45mins..was loosing its appeal.
A few of the lads in the line up exchanged some words ... the snaking and dropping in was just out of control. Mostly by a "younger" (not groms) group who would hang in groups of 3-5. Guys I know who surf normally for 2hrs plus each day, just got out of the water, gave up and walked away.
BUT
tomorrow is another day and I am a day closer to a camp / surfing trip a bit north of here ...

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Jan 2016 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Fun waves last night and fun ones again this morning. Lots of 2-3ft wedges with a touch of hollowness made for lots of fun. Crowd - non existent. A walk is a good way to avoid them The Evo has been going ok for me but I think the Nano was a much better performer in the smaller fatter stuff. Once you get on a good one though the Evo leaves it for dead. You just need to get it moving whist the Nano is much better in marginal waves.

Is that surprising ted?

What I would expect

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Jan 2016 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from a pretty long session . Nice head high waves with the occasional bigger one. Got plenty and was out for nearly 4 hours. toward the end I was having trouble staying on. Rode the 11 footer.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Jan 2016 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work smh - thought it would be nice down your way. Some reasonable banks after that swell last week seem to be developing. Some more swell coming later in the week to test them. Been enjoying the beachies for a change of late.

Climber - completely understand. I never surf in Sydney for those very same reasons as a general rule. Last week I broke that rule a few times as it was pumping at a few of the northern beaches points. Ahhh it was horrific.

LL - now you have it confirmed - a bit like the windiness of Maui

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Jan 2016 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Yep it was pretty good Ted but it's going to be a lot better once school hols are over .

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Jan 2016 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

ill be back out there tomorrow and the next day and the next day ......

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jan 2016 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

^

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
12 Jan 2016 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Yep it was pretty good Ted but it's going to be a lot better once school hols are over .

Ahmen to that....its been a kook fest every time I have tried to surf lately and its mostly the dads not the kids

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
12 Jan 2016 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Blown out rubbishy today . Not happy but the wind is supposed to swing around tomorrow

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jan 2016 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Had some really nice fast down the line head n 1/2 waves today. Took the short board out for 3.5 hours. Popped in home for a quick peach banana & pasito. Then went out on the log for a couple more hours. Not many people out considering how good it was...absolutely r00ted & stoked

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
13 Jan 2016 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Mick,whats happened o your solo shot haven't seen any clips for ages,must one on the boil soon,small waves here on the central coast but should be waves friday after the southerly hits thursday arvo,good to be back into it again

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
14 Jan 2016 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Had some really nice fast down the line head n 1/2 waves today. Took the short board out for 3.5 hours. Popped in home for a quick peach banana & pasito. Then went out on the log for a couple more hours. Not many people out considering how good it was...absolutely r00ted & stoked

Score!!!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
14 Jan 2016 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

^^^Doh! I knew it would be good! I'm stuck up in Perth board less for a few days that just happen to coincide with the most decent swell in a while :-(
Glad you scored Mick post some pics if you have any

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Jan 2016 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from tourist infested ,inconsistent waist high dribble . Still got a few though

jfunk
QLD, 255 posts
14 Jan 2016 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Surf is about to get awesome.

Just had part of my bottom lip removed thanks to skin cancer and I can't get wet for a few weeks. That is a certain guarantee of awesome surf.

When it hits, just remember to thank me!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jan 2016 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Mick glad you got some. Was the Pup in the water with ya?

Hope things heal fast Mr Funk. Bloody hot here today. Ahhhhhh wish we had something resembling a wave

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo