Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Rabbs
251 posts
5 Jan 2016 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

The sand has sure changed at the Pass.......

This was in '77 or '78

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Jan 2016 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Well it was wasn't it but I didn't mean to be cruel

I'm installing froth to JB as he will soon be there

Thanks Mac, i need a lift after being back at work for two whole days now

I have been watching a few videos and getting rather amped. Still struggling on boards to bring or buy or hire or what the hell too many options and I'm crap at making decisions.

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Jan 2016 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

You'd wanna hit the next beach East JB or one of the many places within 40 mins South. Pass is always crowded big or small when its offshore...everywhere else is better anyway

Oh yeah & they have paid parking

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Jan 2016 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
You'd wanna hit the next beach East JB or one of the many places within 40 mins South. Pass is always crowded big or small when its offshore...everywhere else is better anyway

Oh yeah & they have paid parking

Next beach East? Wouldn't that be in NZ

Ill have to get some more info on fun long rights for the SB but for the time with the kids out the front and the pass should be ideal. We have a house at Clarke's tourist park so fingers crossed its okay. But that pick Mac shared will do me just fine.

Hopefully on holidays ill get enough time to surf constantly. between hikes and sightseeing..

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
5 Jan 2016 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Waist to head high longboard waves with three blokes. Just gotta pick your time and places.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
6 Jan 2016 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

4-6 foot with seven blokes, four of whom were from Perth and didn't want to know about waves over double head high. Lots and lots of set waves on the 8'.

Second surf was 4-5 with at least 50 people. As I was suiting up I mentioned to my mates that no one was on the outside peak and I was going to sit there and own it. 45 minute surf, 7 waves. Stoked. The longboard did me good although the biggest wave it failed me and lost rail on a wally one after hitting a bump. My mate paddled for one, I was outside of him and rolled on past him before making the drop. He couldn't even get into it on hi new seven footer. "GET YOURSELF A LONGBOARD MATE!"

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
6 Jan 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

I have but one word for here today

GROOOOOOOMED

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jan 2016 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yes Climber - great shot. I received a text from a mate this morning telling me had the best wave of his life today - not too far from you - he was absolutely stoked beyond belief.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Jan 2016 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..
I have but one word for here today

GROOOOOOOMED

Great pic. Looks like main beach at Yamba.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Jan 2016 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Pumping here today with a south west wind. A few banks have been formed by this rain with a small rivermouth here dishing up some nice barrels. Too windy at the moment for the barge so I'll check it later. Glad to see the end of this rain we've had.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
7 Jan 2016 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Yeew!! Stoked for ya!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2016 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

cooly looks a bit of alright this afternoon on the cams

unfortunately ive got a pizza face atm

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Jan 2016 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

I'm sure the boys won't care how you look

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
7 Jan 2016 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

It'll probably get you more waves. A mate of mine used to take out his front tooth - he lost it in a surfing accident at 13 - then paddle out with a big smile on his face.

Take your pizza face out with a snarl and own it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jan 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

This afternoon the wind was favourable and the sun came out. Here are a couple shots that Muzz took from Sprout Daily. Things really cleaned up were I was this arvo. Tom morning should be great fun as well

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2016 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

laceys lane said...

It'll probably get you more waves. A mate of mine used to take out his front tooth - he lost it in a surfing accident at 13 - then paddle out with a big smile on his face.

Take your pizza face out with a snarl and own it.

haha. nar I can't go getting pizza that wet from surfing yet.

should be right for the weekend tho

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
7 Jan 2016 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
This afternoon the wind was favourable and the sun came out. Here are a couple shots that Muzz took from Sprout Daily. Things really cleaned up were I was this arvo. Tom morning should be great fun as well

That's a lot of Energy, Awesome!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Jan 2016 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

I went down the town this arvo to pick up some Thai takeaway and it's really picked up from this morning.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
7 Jan 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
I went down the town this arvo to pick up some Thai takeaway and it's really picked up from this morning.

Do you ride the same board or do you have a gun for bigger stuff?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jan 2016 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

Big chunky and clean here today. Joy. Just waiting for the tide to run out a bit

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
8 Jan 2016 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

The local point, surf was good, but I hardly got a thing, the inside Groomies were just out of control, they were doing my head in, no matter where you took off from, they were there about 20 meters inside like a plague of locusts.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Jan 2016 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Had a surf yesterday...for about 30 mins, it was sh1t...

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
9 Jan 2016 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Ripper time at the Pass every wave was a walker stuff paddling back

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Jan 2016 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully this arvo. Did the dawny, drove down a crappy 4wd track for 45 minutes. As I started downhill the ocean came into view and it was just rippled with a light offshore. Yeeeewww! Got to the joint. In the distance, the long left was sectioning, in front of me the dodgy right was dodgy, rip affected and barely breaking; the smoking left barrel had ripples from the wind blowing into it and was shutting down as there was too much west in the new swell and the tide was a bit low; and the beachie was too big with none of the nine surfers in the water making a wave.

If I drove out and in to another spot (another hour thank you very much) I am pretty sure I know a joint that would be lovely. But stuff that. Coffee and breakfast called.

The winds meant to get even lighter so hopefully this arvo.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
9 Jan 2016 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Second session at the G super sucky.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
9 Jan 2016 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Some pics from our DI trip yesterday.

It was great to escape the crowds.

Three of us just waiting for some swell.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Jan 2016 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Good time vanders

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jan 2016 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see you back out there amongst it !

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Jan 2016 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics mate

Local was going off today, overhead, clean, consistent & only 6 people out on a Saturday

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Jan 2016 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

smh said...

Do you ride the same board or do you have a gun for bigger stuff?

Mate I can only ride a 666. Cant jump to my feet properly after a back injury. I've got 2 longboard style boards and a narrower pointy one for when it gets bigger. My shortest board is 10'6. It's got some size out of the south down here today. I'm working all weekend but will be out there from Monday on. Good to see you're all getting some waves

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo