Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Mar 2016 11:30PM
Thumbs Up

I feel your pain ET n LL. Two months away from home and just two reasonable surfs from 5 attempts. Good to be back - clocked 8 amazing sessions last 3 days. And we have a nice swell arriving Wednesday hope you get a good run when you return to the water

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Mar 2016 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

More supper fun waves this morning. Just a quick hour of power for me though as too much work to get through. Good swell arriving Tom so need to clear the decks to maximise surf time

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
8 Mar 2016 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
More supper fun waves this morning. Just a quick hour of power for me though as too much work to get through. Good swell arriving Tom so need to clear the decks to maximise surf time

Awesome Ted ... I shared your "Hour of Power" philosophy this morning. Work
Had a brilliant surf on a beach in town 2-3ft ...super fun...normally very crowded but only 5-6 out.
All the crowd (bout 20-25 riders) were 100 - 200mtr away on another bank
I do believe no one expected the swell..was a surprise to me and gladly accepted
but.....off to the physio again tomorrow (after the next surf though )

thePup
13831 posts
8 Mar 2016 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Did the pre-dawn raid & blew away some cobwebs .... not perfection it had a bit of the devil northerly on it & no real size but still I'm not complaining I got some nice ones

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
8 Mar 2016 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Did the pre-dawn raid & blew away some cobwebs .... not perfection it had a bit of the devil northerly on it & no real size but still I'm not complaining I got some nice ones

ONYA .. Puppy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Mar 2016 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Really fun waves up my way. Even now with the wind it's still fun.

My fitness is so far off what it was. I struggled out there.

Still great fun

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
8 Mar 2016 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Usual place fun mal waves till high tide

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Mar 2016 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Epic day...crap wind blew in early & kept the 666'ers away. But then the wind dropped right off by 0930 & the tide brought in some good size sets. Same as yesterday...

Fully rooted after almost 5 hours in the water. Just counldn't get out after the massive West Oz lull we had...stoked

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Mar 2016 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Epic day...crap wind blew in early & kept the 666'ers away. But then the wind dropped right off by 0930 & the tide brought in some good size sets. Same as yesterday...

Fully rooted after almost 5 hours in the water. Just counldn't get out after the massive West Oz lull we had...stoked

Jesus how can you surf for 5 hours.. My arms barely make an hour and half these days..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Mar 2016 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff Mick - glad you got your fill. We are looking forward to that swell coming our way We have some coming tom arvo then some more Monday by the look of it.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
8 Mar 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

More fallout from that clip,some funny comments.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3481337/Australian-surfing-legend-Mick-Fanning-slammed-locals-stealing-waves-Snapper-Rocks.html

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Mar 2016 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Good job. I thought when Matt made that initial comment that it was a bit soft ! He should have gone hard on him Its great now that social media can attempt to make him a bit more honest. Might make the rest of them think about their own actions as well. Bring it on I say. Slay them I have seen people chased out of town with machetes for much less in Indo. The law of the jungle has a good way of stopping that sort of behaviour. Shame its no longer done in Bali itself !

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
8 Mar 2016 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

On Indo Ted I found out today my mad mate and I mean mad arrives Sunday.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
8 Mar 2016 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

bit of a swell spike from the south and scored some great waves with only 5 others at a semi out of the way location,starting to get back in the groove after a lengthy lay off,hope you're all getting a few

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
9 Mar 2016 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Swell hanging in waist to head high gotta wait for after lunch dropping tide for the place I'm surfing it'll be a good test for the new stick,epic looking day here

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Mar 2016 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Jesus how can you surf for 5 hours.. My arms barely make an hour and half these days..

To be honest with you mate, I did pop in for 10 mins to drink a bottle of water & change fin set up. So probably only 4.5 hours really...couldn't do it on a SB

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Mar 2016 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Good stuff Mick - glad you got your fill. We are looking forward to that swell coming our way We have some coming tom arvo then some more Monday by the look of it.

Cheers mate, yeah you should get some great waves out of it...would love to see some pics

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Mar 2016 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Its been good here too for the last four days or so. I even managed to find a barrelling reef on a long weekend with three people out. My body is sore. More coming too.

Finally El Niño is passed.

I get a new car in Friday too.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Mar 2016 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

A few all right ones on a fullish tide surfing the mr twinnie

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
10 Mar 2016 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Asea and I hit Kirra on our longboards this morning,perhaps you should post in the SB room Lacey as thats the correct room for your shortboard

thePup
13831 posts
10 Mar 2016 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Asea and I hit Kirra on our longboards this morning,perhaps you should post in the SB room Lacey as thats the correct room for your shortboard

Good work champion(s) I trust you both smashed it

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Mar 2016 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

if that was the case it would only be you posting on this thread

. most of the other well rounded surfers in here are riding different boards.

the thread say where did you surf today. not where did I surf my art piece long board

who wants to hear about a guy surfing 2 ft rejects only at high tide all the time

asea dropped into the alley to say hello. did mention anything about you

ps. when are you off. hope you have a good one.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
10 Mar 2016 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

the thread say where did you surf today. not where did I surf my art piece long board

who wants to hear about a guy surfing 2 ft rejects only at high tide all the time

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Mar 2016 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Um ok

No waves up my way. Onshore all night.

Might take the family for a mini ready tomorrow.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Mar 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

really chrispy.

I went out at 8.30 and it was pretty clean.

I'm surprised

SP
10979 posts
10 Mar 2016 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thought it was going to be small and fat so
Took my 10ftr for ankle high fatness but when I got there it was over ankle high so I went home to get another 10ftr from the quiver..

My ankle to knee high 10ftr..

Heading back down to the beach, found a park got out and the tide had dropped so it was bit suckier then I remembered so went home and got my Knee to ankle high sucky wave 10ftr.

But by the time I got back it had gone onshore so went home again and got my ankle to knee high onshore 10ftr..

Had a great surf after that..

But thinking by about ordering g a 9'10 any thoughts???

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Mar 2016 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
Took my 10ftr for ankle high fatness but when I got there it was over ankle high so I went home to get another 10ftr from the quiver..

Heading back down to the beach, found a park got out and the tide had dropped so it was bit suckier then I remembered so went home and got my Knee to ankle high sucky wave 10ftr.

But by the time I got back it had gone onshore so went home again and got my ankle to knee high onshore 10ftr..

Calling mac, we need some longboard multiple boards for the same conditions expert advice

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Mar 2016 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

SP said...

Calling mac, we need some longboard multiple boards for the same conditions expert advice

I wouldn't go to anybody else for this one- the man

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
10 Mar 2016 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

F*ck off Lacey

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
10 Mar 2016 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

SP said...

I wouldn't go to anybody else for this one- the man

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo