Got a couple at the local beachie water was nice Macs board went off

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...
Got a couple at the local beachie water was nice Macs board went off

Same here the 9.10 loved it this morning.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
3 Nov 2016 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

I was on the 906

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
I was on the 906

awesome mate

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
3 Nov 2016 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Mac rest up after today looks like Sunday you're out again

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Mac rest up after today looks like Sunday you're out again

Saturday first maybe?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
3 Nov 2016 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Back at work today and feeling crook with a gastro bug. Hoping its only a 24 hr bug because I'm off tomorrow. Reckon it would have been good today.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
I was on the 906

The 9.6 is going to feel like a shortboard when I get to ride it.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Back at work today and feeling crook with a gastro bug. Hoping its only a 24 hr bug because I'm off tomorrow. Reckon it would have been good today.

Good luck with a speedy recovery mate.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
3 Nov 2016 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
asea said..
I was on the 906

The 9.6 is going to feel like a shortboard when I get to ride it.

Exactly

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
4 Nov 2016 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Feeling good today and about to head out. It's light offshore and theres a south east swell so I'm on it.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
4 Nov 2016 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Just back and it wasn't bad. A bit bumpy at first and the tide slowed it down but the wind backed off and there were some nice lefts to be had . Rode the 10'6 and the water was pretty nice in.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
4 Nov 2016 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Managed to get some pics from the crew after my camera got nicked,surf was a bit random but we found a left reefy further up the coast that was pretty fun.Plenty of wave options in Nth Sumatra

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
4 Nov 2016 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Frustrating surf of late. Surfed **** instead of nice sliders with Mac..Bloody family

Then Today was head high glassy with some of the best straight handers going... I'm sure I will get a message saying it got better

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Nov 2016 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Managed to get some pics from the crew after my camera got nicked,surf was a bit random but we found a left reefy further up the coast that was pretty fun.Plenty of wave options in Nth Sumatra

Damn shame mate, at least no one can pinch good memories...Nth Sumatra is definitely on my bucket list, looks fun

SP
10979 posts
4 Nov 2016 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said...
Ted the Kiwi said..

Al G said...

Macaha said..

asea said..
Not even a wave for Grace just did a drive by

I looked at 10.45, not even for Grace.

None for Grace even,geez must be flat
Booked our trip to Hawaii this week Mac for Feb next year

Epic. So envious. Perfect time to hit it. Enjoy and send some pics back please

Yeah Ted,I'll be hireing a board over there because I have to get a Rex flight from Taree to and from Sydney bit of a hassle carting a longboard,a mate hired one over there he said they are ok!...

Here ya go Al.

The boys nailed it...

TBs surf tip is a winner..

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Longboarding/Hawaii-Tips-Advice-boards-and-anything-else/

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Nov 2016 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..

Nano action. After all that time on it what do you think? I used to love mine - broke it - fixed it - enjoyed it but not loved it anymore - replaced it with an Evo - loved it - still love it - picked up a second hand Nano - like it - not love it - can not wait to get back on the Evo ! ! Maybe its because I am not riding the Nano in perfect waves anymore - just here on Central Coast. Dec will be the test. Still love the Nano - just not as much as I used to. Still second best board (after Evo) I have ever owned - so yeah still very fond of it

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Nov 2016 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves at the local today, as busy as expected with the first hot day we've had in a long time. Think I caught up with pretty much everyone almost

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
5 Nov 2016 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Ted,found the Nano really good down the line carves but struggled getting it vertical on my backhand at times,Ive never ridden a board with a tail that wide before and i had the large blackstix in it which are really drivey.Might try some different fins to make it a bit more pivoty.Was a wave catching machine and made fast sections with ease,really enjoyed riding it but my surfing suffered when I got back on my standard shorty so Ill probably use the Nano as my winter wetsuit board,but overall i loved it for its speed and wave catching ability.Unfortunately waves were head high most of the time so didn't get the chance to ride it in really solid waves but it feels like it would be REALLY good in pumping 6' down the line waves.I score it a 7.5 out of 10.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
5 Nov 2016 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Went in near Barenjoey, that's like the far northern end of palmy, under the lighthouse. Cannot remember the last time I surfed there.
Tiny waves , but the scenery and beautiful Clear water more than made up for it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Nov 2016 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Not long been at work on nightshift and it's picked up down here. Overhead sets now and it was pretty well flat this morning. Howling southwest all day and there's a few bushfires around. Didn't surf today and off to Sydney tomorrow but I'll be able to surf pretty much every day next week as long as the conditions are OK.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
5 Nov 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

I checked the cams 2hours ago and it was still flat,checked them again just now and theres 3' lines breaking at all the beaches,looking most excellent for tomorrow and with afternoon winds predicted to go nthly,i know just the spot Ok just rechecked winds have to find another spot

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Nov 2016 5:35AM
Thumbs Up

some enthralling viewing from the swellnet LM cam..

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
6 Nov 2016 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Yes we were there showing all how not to surf
We had ex member,Vanders,Asea and I.
There was talk Pup was in the carpark but I didn't see him.

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
6 Nov 2016 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Had a few small sliders at Diamond Reef,just the 2 of us out,not fantastic but water was nice
Swell looked like it was getting up a bit but the wind was getting on it as we were getting out!....

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
6 Nov 2016 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Al G said...

Ted the Kiwi said..

Al G said...

Macaha said..

asea said..
Not even a wave for Grace just did a drive by

I looked at 10.45, not even for Grace.

None for Grace even,geez must be flat
Booked our trip to Hawaii this week Mac for Feb next year

Epic. So envious. Perfect time to hit it. Enjoy and send some pics back please

Yeah Ted,I'll be hireing a board over there because I have to get a Rex flight from Taree to and from Sydney bit of a hassle carting a longboard,a mate hired one over there he said they are ok!...

Here ya go Al.

The boys nailed it...

TBs surf tip is a winner..

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Longboarding/Hawaii-Tips-Advice-boards-and-anything-else/

Thanks for that SP ,I didn't see your post till just now

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
6 Nov 2016 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Some waves around but you had to sniff em out as not everywhere was doing it

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
6 Nov 2016 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Yes we were there showing all how not to surf
We had ex member,Vanders,Asea and I.
There was talk Pup was in the carpark but I didn't see him.

Yeah I've surfed worse, small but glassy. Got better once the Prez packed up his bat and ball and went home.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
6 Nov 2016 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Yes met the breeze crew at LM a little small for my liking but we all got a few by the way local Mac cleaned up 2waves of the day wave hog

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
6 Nov 2016 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Asea was smoking hot today on his 9.10 one sweet board that one.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo