NSW, 7269 posts
4 Dec 2016 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

It's pretty small down here Pup. Not expecting much but you never know

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Still be alright mate , won't be as many sideshows around you'll find something .... well I got 3 or 4 lined up already

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Dec 2016 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

I went down to the local expecting nothing and my expectations were met. Paddled up around the headland and back, got a few ankle snappers and came in.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Mangirdle time again faarkin,took it off yesterday,feeling good went to work today and the back faaarked me up again ,will be out of the water for maybe another week Rest of the week off work now,physio,doctors and lots of resting

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhhhh mate geez flick the reset switch champion & start again - do nuthin' for a few days til it settles again

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
5 Dec 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
Mangirdle time again faarkin,took it off yesterday,feeling good went to work today and it faaarked me up again ,will be out of the water for maybe another week Rest of the week off work now,physio,doctors and lots of resting

Massage to loosen the muscles up and keep it moving ,stretch,all the best.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Ahhhhh mate geez flick the reset switch champion & start again - do nuthin' for a few days til it settles again

Yeah mate,I'll have to now,thought I was going to be ok but nup,here we go again,haha!...

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said..
Mangirdle time again faarkin,took it off yesterday,feeling good went to work today and it faaarked me up again ,will be out of the water for maybe another week Rest of the week off work now,physio,doctors and lots of resting

Massage to loosen the muscles up and keep it moving ,stretch,all the best.

Thanks Mac,yep will be doing that!...

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody unpredictable mate - just gotta ride with it for a bit , farken pain

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Bloody unpredictable mate - just gotta ride with it for a bit , farken pain

Yeah Pup,just wont come off the nerve ,it's lasting a lot longer as I get older

Thought about getting a cortisone shot this time but some doctors don't like to do them these days,had em in my elbows

I'll go down and have a float at the local beach pool tomoz,that makes it feel better,pressure is off just floating

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmm it only masks the bastard for me - when it wears off anything can happen farken dodgy stuff .... Nah just gotta get the weight off it for a few days & take some swelling out , hope X-factor aint on the Box champion

Yeah when I started getting right the last time I did the same , even after I could get the board on & off too - just walked it out & hung off the edge sort of for support farken great stuff that

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
mmmmm it only masks the bastard for me - when it wears off anything can happen farken dodgy stuff .... Nah just gotta get the weight off it for a few days & take some swelling out , hope X-factor aint on the Box champion

hahaha,oh I was lookin forward to seeing that "stupid spice" sheila's big norks,

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Start yoga al. It will change your life.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Dec 2016 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...

Forgot why I was on this thread took the foamy out in some of the most atrocious **** I have surfed.

The foamy did not make it fun. Tgat did not stop four Brazos from paddling out and sitting on my shoulder. My ribs are still hurting from laughing at them

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

thePup said..

Yeah mate,I'll have to now,thought I was going to be ok but nup,here we go again,haha!...

Get the physio to show you some core exercises and get into it. You can fix it yourself if you put the work in.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Dec 2016 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Yeah,Thanks for that Chrispy and smh,I think the life has to change from now on,I'll have to find something like you'se have suggested that suits,it's funny though going surfing only makes it ache,I can handle that.I've never done it surfing,just working!...

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
6 Dec 2016 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Very tiny waves here,went to the ocean pool and did some laps,feeling ok,more laps this arvo

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Dec 2016 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

scored a hours worth of semi fun ones. the onshore was not too bad and the wind was just making long left handers....

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Dec 2016 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

It's been rubbish here for a while now including today

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Dec 2016 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Tiny and fat.... the foamy is my friend again

thePup
13831 posts
8 Dec 2016 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice longboard waves early with DaFish as the crowd .... wind held off nicely .... hoping it builds quietly

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Dec 2016 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Consistent double head waves with 4 other guys between 6 & 8...sets started slowing down a bit & so did I on the shortboard. So popped in & grabbed the longboard & a drink. Good timing coz the circus was rolling into town. Got a big wide bomb on the first wave, taking off a bit late & nose diving just as I was about to bottom turn, got smashed. Few waves later I pulled back coz a set wave was gonna close out, a lot were today coz swell direction wasn't right. But I got sucked over the falls & hit the reef right out the back which is pretty deep, soz got smashed again lol...funny kinda day, fun coz it was big, but no way near as good as the hype people were hyping all week. Stoked to get 5 hours of consistent waves before I'm back at work for the next few days though

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
8 Dec 2016 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Consistent double head waves with 4 other guys between 6 & 8...sets started slowing down a bit & so did I on the shortboard. So popped in & grabbed the longboard & a drink. Good timing coz the circus was rolling into town. Got a big wide bomb on the first wave, taking off a bit late & nose diving just as I was about to bottom turn, got smashed. Few waves later I pulled back coz a set wave was gonna close out, a lot were today coz swell direction wasn't right. But I got sucked over the falls & hit the reef right out the back which is pretty deep, soz got smashed again lol...funny kinda day, fun coz it was big, but no way near as good as the hype people were hyping all week. Stoked to get 5 hours of consistent waves before I'm back at work for the next few days though

Was up at 4, back in bed by 5.30. It was out of control.

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
8 Dec 2016 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
MickPC said...

Was up at 4, back in bed by 5.30. It was out of control.

People drip? Surfcams down that way looked alright at 6am

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
8 Dec 2016 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Huge sets. Rogueish swell. Apparent started cleaning up around 8. Bays were bombed. I was looking at an exposed reef.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Dec 2016 5:24AM
Thumbs Up

It's great to hear that you boys in the SW are getting some good size today. Means that swell I have. Wen watching heading to Indo is very much on route where I hope to meet it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Dec 2016 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

Small fat and glassy again. With a huge wait for a chest high wave water is dirty and still really cold

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Dec 2016 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

On holidays. Yeewww! Hopefully start getting out.

thePup
13831 posts
9 Dec 2016 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Small fat and glassy again. With a huge wait for a chest high wave water is dirty and still really cold

Cold Water up there Bullshizz little champion , I call bullshizz

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Dec 2016 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

chrispy said..

Cold Water up there Bullshizz little champion , I call bullshizz

Pup in QLD when the wind blows from the north it makes the water cooler,it have been also dirty so I'm backing Chrispy.

Anyway the good wind is here and its going to be on tomorrow,10 minute drive not 10 hour hahaha.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo