Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
6 Jan 2018 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Down at dawn, smaller than expected but big enough for a shortie. First 90 mins was a lot of fun, me & another bloke had a nice head high bubble away from a little pack of young blokes pushing each other too deep on the reef. Had one of those lucky in sync days of catching a wave, paddling back out in time for the next one & the other bloke was the same. Good fun, but then it just started getting big lulls before the turn of the tide & another 15 people turned up. I switched to the tolly & got a few more before heading home stoked I'd got down early

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Jan 2018 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

laceys lane said..
Mac surfs the sunset the best out of all his boards.
Told him so.

Look for it on gumtree soon

shouldn't you be mowing your carpet lacey ...?

No. Cleaner on monday.
Unless you want to clean it!!!!!

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
6 Jan 2018 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

bazz61 said..

laceys lane said..
Told him so.

No. Cleaner on monday.

...no thanks ...someone alert the authorities ..M170 will be found on Monday ..

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jan 2018 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

2 foot ankle snappers down south nice to get wet though,a few more christmas hoards have gone home.Water is sensationally crystal clear and ripper of a day

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2018 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Still good work mate - Lance & I got pretty much the same deal up here , just a bit of a paddle around

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Jan 2018 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

laceys lane said..

bazz61 said..

laceys lane said..
Told him so.

No. Cleaner on monday.

...no thanks ...someone alert the authorities ..M170 will be found on Monday ..

Ho hum

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jan 2018 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Still good work mate - Lance & I got pretty much the same deal up here , just a bit of a paddle around

Yeah paddling practice is about it mate

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2018 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Might be a few little tidbits tomoz mate & the following few days - roast with brother Lancetti tomoz

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jan 2018 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Might be a few little tidbits tomoz mate & the following few days - roast with brother Lancetti tomoz

Yeah the wind is very strong here atm,they reckon there could be a bit of a spike.Roast with the Sir,get stuck into it fellas

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2018 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

thePup said..

Yeah the wind is very strong here atm,they reckon there could be a bit of a spike.Roast with the Sir,get stuck into it fellas

We're busy preparing & practicing for all of your arrivals in the upcoming Greenroom Festival of Obct & Road Trippance in a few weeks mate

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jan 2018 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Al G said..

thePup said..

We're busy preparing & practicing for all of your arrivals in the upcoming Greenroom Festival of Obct & Road Trippance in a few weeks mate

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
6 Jan 2018 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Still no waves on central coast,but cars packed ready to roll,first stop back woopi and mulla with n/easters on forecast then up to wooyung and the goldie with a few day sorties thrown in to various locations

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Jan 2018 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Still no waves on central coast,but cars packed ready to roll,first stop back woopi and mulla with n/easters on forecast then up to wooyung and the goldie with a few day sorties thrown in to various locations

Cool mate,hope ya get some waves and have a good time

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2018 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..

Think I'll have to get the BBQ on high alert mate

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Jan 2018 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Same place as yesterday the wind was into it so it wasn't as good still getting any wave is a good thing hey Vanders

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
7 Jan 2018 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

swell has dropped ...crowded knee hi sliders ..1/10

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
7 Jan 2018 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Same place as yesterday the wind was into it so it wasn't as good still getting any wave is a good thing hey Vanders

The big V12 might be laid up now mate but he'll be back like a lean mean longboarding machine

thePup
13831 posts
7 Jan 2018 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Macaha said..

The big V12 might be laid up now mate but he'll be back like a lean mean longboarding machine

I just hope there's enough tampons in SE Qld for Lacey after it gets itself burned relentlessly by the big Van Wilder

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2018 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Pup . He could get 13 vibe killers.
However money cant buy one thing.

Experience. Experience from years of surfing regularly

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2018 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Ps. Dont get me wrong. Vanders does really well

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jan 2018 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

I gave you a green ,but now i dissagree . Put anybody on a 12ft board at small LM and I don't care how much experience one has,you aint gonna catch **** And if that 12ft owning person behaves like most in the surf these days (bad mannered ) you have got giggly **** of a chance to get a wave

SP
10979 posts
7 Jan 2018 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

I gave you a green ,but now i dissagree . Put anybody on a 12ft board at small on and I don't care much experience one has,you aunt gonna catch **** And if that 12ft owning person behaves like most in the surfs these days (bad mannered ) you have got giggly **** of a chance to get a wave

Then you burn them..

It's called a lineup for a reason.

Just cause you can catch a wave doesn't mean you should. It's the same as being on a LB with shorties around, you still need to have some etiquette but doesn't seem to exist as much these days compared to years ago.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Jan 2018 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

I gave you a green ,but now i dissagree . Put anybody on a 12ft board at small on and I don't care much experience one has,you aunt gonna catch **** And if that 12ft owning person behaves like most in the surfs these days (bad mannered ) you have got giggly **** of a chance to get a wave

Then you burn them..

Just cause you can catch a wave doesn't mean you should. It's the same as being on a LB with shorties around, you still need to have some etiquette but doesn't seem to exist as much these days compared to years ago.

I agree with you SP, I let a few go bye today to a elder gent on a small pale blue SBW board, to be honest he looked like he needed another foot or two in length.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jan 2018 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Then you burn them..

That takes a hell of a lot of courage to do SP

The non vibe killer has one chance to burn but it is fraught with danger.

Tgat is that we as humans we will try and avoid a collision . So when the vibe killer tries to turn the barge they will blow a knee out.

The burn is successful

Still highly unlikely as when the vibe killer blows a knee out,he will then project the vibe killer in the direction said vibe killer was heading .. at you

or buy a 666,tgat will fark em

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2018 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Then you burn them..

I agree with you SP, I let a few go bye today to a elder gent on a small pale blue SBW board, to be honest he looked like he needed another foot or two in length.

You must wear the best rose coloured glasses money can buy.
Pretty sure my wave count was about 3 times more then yours.

Envy is a sin mac

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2018 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Its pretty easy if they take vibe killers out in waves they shouldnt.
Paddle them up the point.
Force them to take a wave they shouldnt because they are on a wave domination trip.
Pesto. 12 ft board now two 6 fters

thePup
13831 posts
7 Jan 2018 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Then you burn them..

Envy is a sin mac

Force them to take a wave they shouldnt because they are on a wave domination trip.

Unless I'm mistaken via grammar - the only wave domination source here is a Lacey on a shortie

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jan 2018 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

What a difference a day can make, I knew it would drop but damn, not that much. From head to calf overnight. Had to pop back home & swap the tolly for the 666. Real low tides & swell period lately.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jan 2018 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Then you burn them..

Envy is a sin mac

Unless I'm mistaken via grammar - the only wave domination source here is a Lacey on a shortie

No im the mellow chap pup

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Jan 2018 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

thePup said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

SP said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Then you burn them..

Envy is a sin mac

No im the mellow chap pup

Yeah what's going on, I noticed you talking to the locals at MY spot

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo