Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
5 Sep 2012 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Ditto Trigg to Sorrento - one lone desperado out at Tom's... saw him get a messy shoulder high left - not worth going out IMO...

...and it was not as big as expected, but it certainly was the full on washing-machine weedy mess I thought it may have been... might be weed city for a week or so at some locations it's that thick

On the positive side - fingers crossed for some new banks

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
6 Sep 2012 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Had a really good surf yesterday, but the water was cold. Favourite moment? Trying to do one of those new-fangled airs the kiddies do and my front foot stayed connected and the back foot slipped off and I did a bent-knees-splits thing on landing. Tweaked my old bones in the front knee pretty good. Got a scare but it ended up nothing. Could've easily been a lot worse.

No-one (of note) was out, so that was good.

Today I gambled and will probably lose. Should've gone the early, but I've opted for the late.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Sep 2012 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

Had a really good surf yesterday, but the water was cold. Favourite moment? Trying to do one of those new-fangled airs the kiddies do and my front foot stayed connected and the back foot slipped off and I did a bent-knees-splits thing on landing. Tweaked my old bones in the front knee pretty good. Got a scare but it ended up nothing. Could've easily been a lot worse.

No-one (of note) was out, so that was good.

Today I gambled and will probably lose. Should've gone the early, but I've opted for the late.

The lesson here is dont do airs, well at least try them if you are over 35

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
6 Sep 2012 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Massive drop in the swell, and the Southerly is all over it... white caps and folding waves .

Couple of messy banks at Triggs, but a fair few crew on each of them (and that bloody back-wash is still there).

I came home to wash the car - hoping tomorrow is cleaner...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Massive drop in the swell, and the Southerly is all over it... white caps and folding waves .

Couple of messy banks at Triggs, but a fair few crew on each of them (and that bloody back-wash is still there).

Early it looked great on the cams

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Made the right choice to go into uni today it seems.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Made the right choice to go into uni today it seems.

Get a job

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

I've got one, but I'm the boss so I give myself lots of time off haha.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

I've got one, but I'm the boss so I give myself lots of time off haha.

I need to change my situation

Lucky bugger

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
6 Sep 2012 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

GPA said...

Yeah - it did. But I don't think the Trigg South cam really shows the early winds... I was doing the rounds at 9:00am... Mate went out at Trigg thirds and by the time I went to do the grocery shopping less than an hour later his car was back in his driveway.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Sep 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

doggie said...

GPA said...

Yeah - it did. But I don't think the Trigg South cam really shows the early winds... I was doing the rounds at 9:00am... Mate went out at Trigg thirds and by the time I went to do the grocery shopping less than an hour later his car was back in his driveway.

I bloody hope Saturday is good Im hanging to get in the water!!

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
6 Sep 2012 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hoping the swell sticks around for saturday also, looks small though

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
6 Sep 2012 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Mdsurf said...

Hoping the swell sticks around for saturday also, looks small though

27 degrees forecast for Sunday. I'm looking forward to the hoardes of 'fairweather surfers' coming out of hibernation, dusting off their Sups and Funboards, hell bent on chaos.

Zuke, got room for one more in your dinghy?

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
6 Sep 2012 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh super early session or real late is the only time I can think of going, summer crowds no doubt will be starting to come out.

Zuke
901 posts
7 Sep 2012 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Really clean on the beaches this morning with good banks. Plenty of left/right peaks and not many out. Smaller than yesterday unfortunately, only about waste to chest unless you're a cripple then it was head high!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Clean at the normal popular spots but way to small. Mind spend a few hours at the research center at Hillary's and see if the tide change fixes it.

Edit: who am I kidding? In gonna have a coffee and study at yelo and stare at all the hot mums.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Sep 2012 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

I hope your HECs debt is crippling.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

I'll just work a year or two as a mathematical modeler for some mining company and pay off my debt outright ;-)

Anyhoo, watching the waves, drinking coffee, having a perv at two very blonde and very hot mums and reading a book about the physiology of tuna. Like a pig in 5hit

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Sep 2012 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

So it's obviously not doing this then?

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
7 Sep 2012 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

should drive a little bit south Suba just hoping it stays offshore for an after school session.

nate86
WA, 18 posts
7 Sep 2012 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

27 arghh go away haha I'm trying to stay away from the crowds.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

Nothing like it... barely waist high and way too fat - even watched a couple of mals struggling at the 'corner' @ Trigg.

I'm back home after driving from Ocean Reef to Scarbs... gonna wait a couple of hours for both the wind and tide to drop...

...and yes, there was a lot of yummy-mummy's along the coast this morning!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Sep 2012 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

smicko said...

Nothing like it... barely waist high and way too fat - even watched a couple of mals struggling at the 'corner' @ Trigg.

I'm back home after driving from Ocean Reef to Scarbs... gonna wait a couple of hours for both the wind and tide to drop...

GPA did you check in at the (Our) Northern Point Is thier anything? Or just weed? I have a very very small window tomorrow and would prefer to spend it in the water than on the road, or is it just a waiste of time

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Sep 2012 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmm nothing like a West Coast drive milfshake.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Yeah I did. The only weed is a thick patch right on shore - apart from that the water is clear.

Was about waist high or a touch bigger both in front of the car park and at the Northern end (from what I could tell, as there was no one out).

It seemed to be breaking a touch fast - but definitely a little bank working there.

I might pop up there with the mal tomorrow morning... but it looks like the swell is dropping further - if so it will be too small unless you are 8yrs old!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

mmmmmm nothing like a West Coast drive milfshake.

I must say it was very enjoyable... lots of quality lycra (we really do need to thank whoever invented this stuff )

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

I wish. I remember the day those pics were taken and posted on swellnet. Such an epic day.

Anyhoo, gave up waiting, wasn't looking any better. Just plonked down at Uni to study cells. Riveting stuff...can keep on perving though.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

12:30 update... home again!

Swell has dropped a touch, and it is still too fat and too windy...

2nd car park is barely waist high in infrequent sets of one wave, and thirds has a nice bank but there are 20+ blokes on it, including an SUP and everyone seems to be dropping in on each other

I'd give it a miss, but reckon tomorrow will be smaller and more crowded - so will head down again mid arvo... yes I am desperate!!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Tomorrow will either be a long drive south or a long drive north for me.

Got a bucks weekend coming up very soon and we got a house at Grunters so expecting some nice waves before I head off to indo for more nice waves.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Sep 2012 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Tomorrow will either be a long drive south or a long drive north for me.

Got a bucks weekend coming up very soon and we got a house at Grunters so expecting some nice waves before I head off to indo for more nice waves.

That will be a nice trip mate, enjoy! I know I would

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie