Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forwards to it. Haven't been to Indo for a while now. Keeping my eye out for a new board to take, don't know how my current go-to board will cope and my mate in Bali turned my Indo-board into a sign for his warung

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Sep 2012 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Looking forwards to it. Haven't been to Indo for a while now. Keeping my eye out for a new board to take, don't know how my current go-to board will cope and my mate in Bali turned my Indo-board into a sign for his warung

Why dont you get Katana to whip you up a fresh one

nate86
WA, 18 posts
7 Sep 2012 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

I hate you all :P I'm stuck at work and your planning going to indo and south.

Come on Weekend!!!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

subasurf said...

Because I go through boards too quickly.
Once I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a board then I'll definitely be getting one shaped.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

12:30 update... home again!

Swell has dropped a touch, and it is still too fat and too windy...

2nd car park is barely waist high in infrequent sets of one wave, and thirds has a nice bank but there are 20+ blokes on it, including an SUP and everyone seems to be dropping in on each other

I'd give it a miss, but reckon tomorrow will be smaller and more crowded - so will head down again mid arvo... yes I am desperate!!

2:20 - 3:45pm = Terrible: dropping swell, and although a couple of the banks had some shape - the wind and back-wash were killing it...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Sep 2012 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

doggie said...

subasurf said...

Because I go through boards too quickly.
Once I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a board then I'll definitely be getting one shaped.

What dims do you ride? I might have just the board.

Zuke
901 posts
7 Sep 2012 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

GPA said...

12:30 update... home again!

Swell has dropped a touch, and it is still too fat and too windy...

2nd car park is barely waist high in infrequent sets of one wave, and thirds has a nice bank but there are 20+ blokes on it, including an SUP and everyone seems to be dropping in on each other

I'd give it a miss, but reckon tomorrow will be smaller and more crowded - so will head down again mid arvo... yes I am desperate!!

2:20 - 3:45pm = Terrible: dropping swell, and although a couple of the banks had some shape - the wind and back-wash were killing it...

Bloody wind! I was trying to line up a sundowner but the wind is not backing off enough.

GPA, you spent all day lining up a surf. Are you on holidays?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

At the moment a 5'10"x18(3/4)"x2(1/2)" which is too big. Had a 5'8" which I broke. All the other boards are a mix. Last boards I took to Indo where the 5'8" and a 6'1".

Looking at getting a 5'7" at the moment but for indo probably stick with 5'11"

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Sep 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

GPA, you spent all day lining up a surf. Are you on holidays?

Yep - first week down - 17 more to go

Hopefully many of them better than today...

(but I need to find a new job in that time)

Zuke
901 posts
7 Sep 2012 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ Happy days!

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
7 Sep 2012 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

doggie said...

At the moment a 5'10"x18(3/4)"x2(1/2)" which is too big. Had a 5'8" which I broke. All the other boards are a mix. Last boards I took to Indo where the 5'8" and a 6'1".

A 6'1" is your gun! How tall r u?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Sep 2012 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Have two 6'6" guns but Im a believer in the smaller the better, even in Indo.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
7 Sep 2012 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

subasurf said...

I dont think he is welcome in Daves shop

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
8 Sep 2012 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

whers it gone

2M on WED nite at cot bouy now G . A . W . N

Bad for us weekend warriors

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
8 Sep 2012 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

doggie said...

Bugger, this one is 6,3 x 18 1/2 x 2 3/8 Rusty Project Swallow tail. Nice board but a bit too small for me.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
8 Sep 2012 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...

whers it gone

2M on WED nite at cot bouy now G . A . W . N

Bad for us weekend warriors

Yea!! Just went for a two hour drive in the country

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1991 posts
8 Sep 2012 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Don't worry weekend warriors , didnt really miss anything on thursday or friday either.
Didn't even bother paddling out. Was just super fat and fairly crowded at the usual metro spots.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Sep 2012 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

I got up early, hoping for two surfs today. I drove, i parked, i sighed i drove some more, i then gave up and went to work early

I did eventually find a nice little bank but it had about 6 long boarders on it and i only had a short time left by then..

I remember now why i wanted the 666, should have packed that one as well..

lets hope after lunch the wind drops, tide goes out and i can at least find a hollow dumping wave

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
8 Sep 2012 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Dawn Patrol said...

Don't worry weekend warriors , didnt really miss anything on thursday or friday either.
Didn't even bother paddling out. Was just super fat and fairly crowded at the usual metro spots.

Few waves yesterday. I wasn't super motivated but found a spot with a few fast non-fat little waves. Got about 15 in an hour. Just gotta think outside the box. Didn't bother today, but I might take the dog for a swim later. Too cold to go in this morning.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Sep 2012 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Took the gondala for a paddle down the coast. Then home grabbed my fish and neat little surf in just my boardies. OMG that was soooooo cold. Only good point was two others came out and said that they only wore boardies cause they saw me in them. Jeez Suba your a fearless man to do thatS

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Sep 2012 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Waist to titty where I was, the odd one a tad bigger early. Swell had all but gone by lunch.

Lots of these guys around.

And best of all I came across this

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
8 Sep 2012 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...

doggie said...

subasurf said...

Why?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Sep 2012 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Great shots Smicko

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
8 Sep 2012 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

shooda got up with you smicko but 1700 beers ans a cupla reds later..plus the scenery ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmy goodness young filys have a lot to answer for "anyhoo" this old felaa didnt miss too much but the missus is on notice????

she said NO

and **** me dockers win in melbourne

DAVEKATANA fix this mess

it will be all OK soon when my big silver bird lands in bali

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Sep 2012 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Woulda been nice to have some company, was pretty spooky on my lonesome. Eyes were well and truly peeled.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
9 Sep 2012 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Ah wish I could have made it up Smicko; just too much on :-(

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
9 Sep 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

that whalebone pic is cool Mick, saw three out deep yesterday, bit more flesh on them than that one though! We didn't have a shark visit us, feel let down

Zuke
901 posts
9 Sep 2012 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

Woulda been nice to have some company, was pretty spooky on my lonesome. Eyes were well and truly peeled.

Nice pics smicko, surprised you couldn't find company on a weekend.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
9 Sep 2012 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah was very quiet Zuke, there was two cars that rocked up as I was leaving. Beach was pretty gnarly too, wouldn't have wanted the tide any higher.
I found a Suziki Sierra on my way back, upside down buried at the waterline with just 2/3 of it's wheels poking up through the sand.

katana
WA, 644 posts
10 Sep 2012 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...

doggie said...

subasurf said...

Everyones welcome at Katana Come down suba and I got sort some sick out for you

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie