WA, 6913 posts
3 May 2013 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

katana said...
jbshack said...
quirkus said...
Whats with all the 'big seals'
Is that code

Nope just bloody big sealsstinky breathed, pushy annoying creatures with bloody big K9 teeth that have a tendency to either be too playful, or trying to evade something else bigger and even more annoying than the seal itself

yeh this one was a little over freindly plus black sky ,blackwater and a couple miles offshore

Dave i think i might have found a pick of you and your seal friend

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
3 May 2013 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^gold

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
3 May 2013 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

I've been getting empty waves this week at a couple of spots. School holidays suck... not

MickPC
8266 posts
4 May 2013 8:04AM
Thumbs Up

^^^Same...I was a little more North though

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
4 May 2013 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...

I will be there Sunday oooooh yeah.

MickPC
8266 posts
4 May 2013 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

IFocus said...

Sweet...you'll get a nice warm up before it starts cranking again

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 May 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the new board on Sat morning before work, good fun and today around lunch time for a few more hours with my boy

Happy with the board, very happy

photosbykarlo
236 posts
5 May 2013 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

IFocus said...
MickPC said...

I'd go too if I knew where that was promise to keep quiet about it

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
5 May 2013 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

4 hour friday near smiths.......pretty good fun, not as crowded as the reef peak which had about 30+ including young rippers getting barrelled off their pre pubescent minds, very entertaining, barrels, airs and drop ins galore...many evening beers

4 hours sat margs region beachie barrels with dolphin show to go...magic!!!

then lunch over looking mainbreak - head to double with the odd bigger clean up set
locals woulda called it playful 3-4ft!!!!!

arvo sesh at the end of the world, great beachie dying swell........
not so many evening beers before crash dead tired spaghetti arms

escape before armageadon on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKKKKK N ACKERED followed by eagles win.............weekend wonderful

work tomorow

moohan
WA, 147 posts
5 May 2013 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said...

4 hours sat margs region beachie barrels with dolphin show to go...magic!!!

Was that the massive pack of Dolphins heading south? We got some fun ones earlier on a Margs beachie, but it went a bit straight later.

imisneck
8 posts
6 May 2013 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

some nice ones at lano beachy on saturday. pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. swell this weekend holds we could be in for some keepers yeeeew

katana
WA, 644 posts
6 May 2013 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

scored crowded super fun left barrels Saturday 8/10
scored solo session sunday ,super fun early heaps of barrel still 8/10 milked one little to far paid the price in urchin spikes

Zuke
901 posts
6 May 2013 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Had a great session on the weekend with clean head and a half hollow lefts and the ocean was alive. A couple of friendly sea lions hung around the whole time, I was snaked by a pair of dolphins and a school of Yellowtail Kingfish smashed a bait school right next to me then swam right under me. It was awesome!

birdman89
77 posts
8 May 2013 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Shame there's not really anywhere to surf at night, noticed between 10-11pm last night the breeze was a perfect 5 knot easterly, the swell buoy was almost a metre and best of all the period was 15. Would have been pumping.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
9 May 2013 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Gonna do the rounds this morning. Maybe a novelty wave will be working. ...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 May 2013 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Surfed the new board on Sat morning before work, good fun and today around lunch time for a few more hours with my boy

Happy with the board, very happy

A few picks from that morning, thanks to Liquid Motion who just happened to be out that morning.

Nice and clean but sadly only a small swell. I think it was only 1.2 ish

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
10 May 2013 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Had head high straddie, bit bumpy but heaps of fun. Pretty big crowd yet plenty of waves to be had for all. Longboard tomoz at the goldies busiest secret spot yeeew

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 May 2013 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispychru said..

Had head high straddie, bit bumpy but heaps of fun. Pretty big crowd yet plenty of waves to be had for all. Longboard tomoz at the goldies busiest secret spot yeeew

We just got wind over this side ATM

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
10 May 2013 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

yes ,,, but the crew is getting edgie in anticipation of a drop.. and a change in the direction

gonna be a million out in the water in the next coupla days..

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 May 2013 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

There were today too. Even a guy I would've sworn was smicko. I actually called him smicko but it was someone else.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
10 May 2013 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

You mean there's another fat, old, grey cripple out there?

Actually that kinda describes all of us doesn't it?

I haven't been wet for about 6 weeks Legion, it's doing my friggen head in. It's not gonna happen for a while yet either. Manhands is having a girls night tonight and staying at her Mums, then I've got the ruggies for swimming lessons in the morning and Mums' Day on Sunday then back to the grind.

Off to Kunnunurra for work next Friday and back the following Wednesday which'll take me through to the 25th before I get the chance to get wet. Driest spell in a loooong time, even longer than the last ear op

Lise is getting ready to use her manhands on my trachea 'cos I've been such a grumpy crunt.

Maybe try to sneak one in tomorrow arvo somewhere.

Are there local banks anywhere after this blow?

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
10 May 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Should be up my way smicko

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
10 May 2013 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

aaaarrrrrggghhh !! if only the forecasts were more accurate ?

...still.... better than the old days I believe,, when all the crew had to go on was a rough synoptic chart. ..
..and WA forecasting has to be a lot better than the east coast anyway..

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 May 2013 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
Are there local banks anywhere after this blow?

Won't know until maybe Sunday. But it's trying very hard. Lots of movement. Sunday could be very good at heaps of secret spots. Sure fricking hope so, because my local was packed with kooks today and the waves sucked. Not enough sand out deep yet, so there are big holes and flat shoulders everywhere. And the water left too much sand in close, so the beach will quickly reform, especially given next week's forecast. But driving home there was a lot of sand removed from other beaches.

Thursday dingo was doing a pretty good impression of an out of control Queensland beach. 4'+ and some surprising shape, but the sweep took you a very long way in a very short time and there was a lot of duckdiving.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
10 May 2013 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

It is the time of the year when a bit of local knowledge comes in handy, pack the wagon with the usual crew and get to it, had some of my best metro surfs in these types of conditions, if the swell is up can always find a wave, sometimes in places you never thought existed...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 May 2013 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

At 5 this morning it was howling..So so i got up at 6.30 to go running with wife instead.(Thought id go to get in the good books) Was sitting in car and realised the wind had all but gone, plus swung to the EAST ARRRGH, hopefully a few get waves because i didn't.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
11 May 2013 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

By the time I got out the seabreeze was in, so that only left one choice. Shame, because there were a few banks around. It was OK, but tiny swell. That's Perth.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
11 May 2013 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice bombs at Tom's and again at Contacio's for those with the patience.

(cycle past surf report )

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
11 May 2013 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Shacks here and there...

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 May 2013 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Some weird kinda fat kinda lefthanders if you can outrun mals and sups an hour drive south.. !
I was all spaghetti arms and legs anyways, being out of action for a few weeks. Ah well, got wet, dusted off a few cobwebs.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie