WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

How'd you go yesterday Smicko?

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
11 Jul 2013 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

So so wasn't enough seconds on the swell and it was doubling up and a bit all over the shop. Got a couple of really really good ones but they were few and far between. Certainly nowhere near as consistent as last time you were there.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Ah, that was a great day.
Still sits in my mind as one of (if not THE) single best day of surfing I've ever had. Not so much the waves (although they were fun), but all the other factors that were going on at that moment. Good times!

katana
WA, 644 posts
11 Jul 2013 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

scored epic beachie early ,good crowd smoking ,barrels graphs were offline ,stoked I did the drive down the local 9/10

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
11 Jul 2013 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..

..........graphs were offline ,stoked I did the drive down the local 9/10

yeah,, conspiracy to put the site out of action..
Must have been the fab 10 trying to keep us nuf nufs out of the water.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Spent a few hours at Trigg shooting till sunset. Some decent waves scattered all along the beach. The big ones were coming in way too straight though.

Murdy
4 posts
11 Jul 2013 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Katana, I saw that mental barrel this morning, I'd be call it 10/10 just for that one wave

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
11 Jul 2013 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

I went to Pt Awesome Winter 2013 Edition. I felt like the crowd experience just to remind me why I avoid it. And if it was crowds I wanted, it was crowds I got. suba will have some shots no doubt. Must've been 40 at one stage. Dropped in on not only by kooks but also once by a local, but he held his head high and owned it with not a word of an apology. And as a bonus I got a close up view of an epic head dip and his exuberant style. I recognise him, seen him a few times before but only at Pt Awesome. One French kook almost decapitated me, and me him. No apology. I told him to watch out in future. He paddled away.

Crowds.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

This evenings sunset sesh at Trigg. Excuse the grain in the images, had to bump up my ISO as the lens just isn't fast enough.
EDIT: Legion, I took almost 500 shots this evening...you're bound to be in one.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
11 Jul 2013 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, I was sitting near those guys. Didn't see you shooting on the beach though. Those were late shots, when I got no waves. I was there for three hours. Got more earlier, the number of people was the same but I somehow meshed better despite there being more Pt Cool Kids crew. Do you drive a white Surf with a rough idle? You started it before climbing in? If so I walked past you right then. I was trialling a very distinctive item today for the first time. Kind of sucks and I'll reserve it for the most brutal days.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

That would have been me ;) 1986 4runner/surf diesel. I was shooting from about 1545 onwards.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
11 Jul 2013 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

nice shots Suba, got a few myself but the iso gauge on my Breville was playing up so I'm not putting them up

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jul 2013 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Just don't try adjusting it with a knife when it's still plugged in.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
12 Jul 2013 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Quicky this morning at Mulla. A bit too much South in the wind and it was a little messy. Only small but managed a few nice rides so happy enough. Water and air temp was a bit nicer than usual

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Jul 2013 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Nice fun shoulder waves today. Really nice pesky waves everywhere so no crowd issues at all. Water still a delicious 21,wind was cold. Size has droppedd off lately,but should not complain.as.I.have pretty much scored overhead most days before that

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
12 Jul 2013 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Water and air temp was a bit nicer than usual

You know the water temp barely changes day to day, unusual circumstances excepting, jb? Surely, with the boating/fishing background ...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Jul 2013 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Scored a couple of real 5hitty waves at Mettams today and got a fin chop to the foot for my troubles.
Totally not worth it.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
12 Jul 2013 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Scored a couple of real 5hitty waves at Mettams today and got a fin chop to the foot for my troubles.

Totally not worth it.

Fark me, no pics, not required

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Jul 2013 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Haha. It's not that bad, but faaark me I thought I'd broken my foot. It was the pain of a stubbed pinky toe x 10
...and a very unpleasant paddle pack to shore.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
12 Jul 2013 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

jbshack said..

You know the water temp barely changes day to day, unusual circumstances excepting, jb? Surely, with the boating/fishing background ...

Air temp changes, and the sand temp changes, so i guess what i mean to say is it wasn't that unpleasant walking to and from the water today

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
12 Jul 2013 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

jbshack said..

Dunno Legion,,,
Open water it may not,, but sure seems like it sometimes closer to shore or around a reef depending on tide , wind, sunshine etc.
My favorite seemed more palatable for a few days there,,, or perhaps it was the weed keeping it warm???

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Jul 2013 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Coastal water will definitely fluctuate, especially with upwelling driven by the LC and also the wind. Still, as someone who surfs more often in boardies than in a wettie, I notice very little difference in how cold the water feels.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
12 Jul 2013 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

You must suffer extreme shrinkage surfing at this time of year in boardies Scooby!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Jul 2013 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

I sure do.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
12 Jul 2013 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Coastal water will definitely fluctuate, especially with upwelling driven by the LC and also the wind. Still, as someone who surfs more often in boardies than in a wettie, I notice very little difference in how cold the water feels.

you're a sad hombre,,, scroobanuts .

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Jul 2013 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

I'm probably the happiest man here

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
13 Jul 2013 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Scrooba,, tell me you had more than your boardies on today if you got wet..?

I was struggling to defrost at my usual with the cold Nor easter blowing and a good wettie...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
13 Jul 2013 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't get wet. Spent an hour at trigg with the camera but it was crap. At Cott now watching longboarders bumble about like a pack of tards.

But if I had gotten in I probably would have been in boardies ;-) yes I would be cold but the sun on my back would be worth it haha

EDIT:
Anyway, groms were having a bit of fun today:

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
14 Jul 2013 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said...
I'm probably the happiest man here

Arguably the best fiction writer on here too!

Zuke
901 posts
14 Jul 2013 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice waves on the beaches early this morning, light NE with a few nice hollow peaks coming through. Smaller than yesterday but still worth the effort with nearly no one out.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie