Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
4 Oct 2013 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

A place where I surf a lot must be near as far as it goes, first time it flew past then doubled back and hovered I was out there on my own and thought about paddling in!

They must love sitting above blokes and seeing what they do!

LordHumongus
WA, 17 posts
7 Oct 2013 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Then there are the times when you are out by yourself, its feeling a bit sharky and you are wanting the chopper to fly past just for a bit of reassurance. As long as it keeps moving by.

There was one (a bronzy by the look of it about 6 foot long) popped up next to a mate that was soloing it on the offshore left north side of Rotto on Thursday. He obviously shat himself and bee-lined back to his dinghy and that was the end of that surf.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Oct 2013 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

The Physio says i could try and swim..By swim i guess she means paddle I guess if im going to try and paddle i could always try catch a few waves..

Problem is i can hardly still lift with my bloody arm

I hope everyone else is getting a few waves

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
10 Oct 2013 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Good metro waves this morning, I had not surfed in 2 weeks, buggered my shoulder wresting with a mate after a few tins on GF day..

Geez it does not take long to lose the touch, waves were really good but I was all at sea..

Big crew out but did not feel any agro, if you wanted it bad enough you got it..if you hesitated someone hungrier got it.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
10 Oct 2013 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

No one around where I was. Big sets but lumpy....need a real offshore

katana
WA, 644 posts
10 Oct 2013 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
The Physio says i could try and swim..By swim i guess she means paddle I guess if im going to try and paddle i could always try catch a few waves..

Might have to join you in a paddling session jb gotta start getting some paddle strength back

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Oct 2013 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..

jbshack said...

Might have to join you in a paddling session jb gotta start getting some paddle strength back

Haha, i hit the pool tonight. Jeez and i thought i ran slow. 42 minutes to swim 900 meters If only i could breathe underwater I'm sure it would have been heaps quicker

Boothie88
161 posts
11 Oct 2013 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

katana said..

jbshack said...

Haha, i hit the pool tonight. Jeez and i thought i ran slow. 42 minutes to swim 900 meters If only i could breathe underwater I'm sure it would have been heaps quicker

Take a snorkel to the pools

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Oct 2013 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Boothie88 said..

jbshack said..

katana said..

jbshack said...

Thats how i've always swam..But they want me using my neck side to side so no snorkel

When i got home i felt like my dog that always drinks too much salt water at the beach If you get my drift

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
11 Oct 2013 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Boothie88 said..

jbshack said..

katana said..

jbshack said...

Thats how i've always swam..But they want me using my neck side to side so no snorkel

When i got home i felt like my dog that always drinks too much salt water at the beach If you get my drift

Stop drinking the pool water then JB

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Oct 2013 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Lets talk waves and no longer mention phsyio..

Anyone

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
15 Oct 2013 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Bloody bewdiful conditions this morning ! Tempted to have a mental health day and stay out in the water, fun little peaks with minimal twats, always a couple in the crowd..

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Oct 2013 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Took another girl surfing yesterday. She's a beginner and I now have another board to add to my pile of busted boards....

...totally worth it

Surfed last Thursday when the conditions were quite favorable at Perth's favourite beachy. There was a young guy filming in the water and I'm still waiting to get my shots from him.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
15 Oct 2013 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Took another girl surfing yesterday. She's a beginner and I now have another board to add to my pile of busted boards....

...totally worth it

Surfed last Thursday when the conditions were quite favorable at Perth's favourite beachy. There was a young guy filming in the water and I'm still waiting to get my shots from him.

Another busted board Suba how big are these girls your trying to teach

I was starting to think no body surfed anymore I hit Perth's fav beach yesterday and was going to do so today but the neck didn't pull up so well after yesterday..Sadly repeatedly getting dumped over and over again I did manage to get myself into a Mornings shot on swells up, but sadly i was only paddling

Water was super nice though

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Oct 2013 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Another busted board Suba how big are these girls your trying to teach

Nose dive into the sand bar...
I'll let you all know next time I take her out so you can have a peak. Every other surfer out there was

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
17 Oct 2013 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

forecast ahead is finally starting to show light at the end of the tunnel.bout time!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Oct 2013 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

C'mon fellas, who got shacked today?

I know I saw a few in the morning.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
20 Oct 2013 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

This forum has been dead lately....almost tempted to start a shark thread to get people posting again

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
20 Oct 2013 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

C'mon fellas, who got shacked today?

I know I saw a few in the morning.

The wind swung SSE about 3:00pm and as I cycled the coast I saw a few gems come thru at smot, and again between Trigg and Scarbs... seemed to be averaging around head high too... even saw a couple of young teens tackling a fairly clean wave at Waterman's bay...

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
20 Oct 2013 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure if we can TELL about our surfs at metro secret spots buster

But yes got a cupola good ones early morn before the rips n SSSSE ruined it

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
20 Oct 2013 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Missed the morning session but surprisingly a few good ones in the arvo. Went to the beach expecting to go kiting and ended up with a fun surf.

Too bad about the forecast this week.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
20 Oct 2013 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Was down south all weekend, staying about 5 mins drive from Inji. Surfed inj carpark all weekend, got some sweet rides. Saturday arvo, after completing designated driver duties for the local ocktoberfest festivities, got down to the reef for near glass conditions at sundown. Great stuff, sizeable and wicked fun.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
21 Oct 2013 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

Magic little pre-work session today, think I got a little bit burnt as well ha ha.

Clean little peaks with bowly sections and an end seciton closeout that was very inviting

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
21 Oct 2013 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Had a nice surf at JBs local yesterday morning, very nice

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Oct 2013 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

Really with all that rock around i haven't even been looking Actually thought about it yesterday but went for a 15 km jog instead

This morning at Trigg was small and inconsistent but still got a few nice rides. One close out Tube that seemed to hold up for ever..TBH i think if i had balled up i may have almost made it out the end

Surfed the Hellfire for its first time and the 1" in length and 1" in width reduction made a huge difference and i really liked what i got out of it for my first go

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
21 Oct 2013 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

WA71 said..

Really with all that rock around i haven't even been looking Actually thought about it yesterday but went for a 15 km jog instead

This morning at Trigg was small and inconsistent but still got a few nice rides. One close out Tube that seemed to hold up for ever..TBH i think if i had balled up i may have almost made it out the end

Surfed the Hellfire for its first time and the 1" in length and 1" in width reduction made a huge difference and i really liked what i got out of it for my first go

What rock?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Oct 2013 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

jbshack said..

WA71 said..

What rock?

My local as in Beach break slightly south of me or Point break right in front.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
21 Oct 2013 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

WA71 said..

jbshack said..

WA71 said..

What rock?

My local as in Beach break slightly south of me or Point break right in front.

Beach.

byf
WA, 514 posts
21 Oct 2013 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

A few nice ones in joy conditions this morning.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
22 Oct 2013 7:56AM
Thumbs Up

Phuck it, day off and it's phlat as a tack, not even worth a drive

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie