Select to expand quote
smicko said..

Phuck it, day off and it's phlat as a tack, not even worth a drive

Yep...going to go for a dive I think.

Zuke
901 posts
22 Oct 2013 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Geez smicko, I thought you would know to pick your day off better. Yesterday would have been the day at your spot.

Suba, it's bloody murky up this way today, very poor vis.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
22 Oct 2013 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

Got some appointments this arvo that I needed the time off for Zuke, the early surf was going to be a bonus.

Zuke
901 posts
22 Oct 2013 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Always nice to score a bonus surf smicko but I don't think any of us will be getting much in the next week, flat as by the look of it.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
22 Oct 2013 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..

Suba, it's bloody murky up this way today, very poor vis.

You're not kidding. Waste of time.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
22 Oct 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

still waves south 2-3ft. I did a drive around to have a look at the after effects from all the storms. Never seen so much sand ripped off the beaches as this year.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
22 Oct 2013 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

No more sand to the right of the staircase at Inji! Then again, no more end of staircase either.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Oct 2013 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

No surf report but been on the boat since 5.30am and staying out the night I think.
Cruised by this lovely creature this morning. Sorry for poor quality, no Internet at sea on this boat other than 3G.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
25 Oct 2013 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Nice black rectangle, Suba.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Oct 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Is it that bad?
I can't check the quality.

Zuke
901 posts
25 Oct 2013 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Good footage suba and what great conditions.

I don't think it's loading for Buster but works good for me.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Oct 2013 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Couldn't have asked for better conditions to be at sea today. Hardly seemed like work.

Gonna head in tonight.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Oct 2013 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Is it that bad?

You using Baksey's Toaster

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Oct 2013 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

This was a pick from my morning work. Seal Vs squid

No toaster, just an I phone

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2013 1:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
subasurf said..

Is it that bad?

You using Baksey's Toaster

Nah, shot on an iPhone but bandwidth limitations forces higher compression rates on YouTube uploads. No satellite Internet on the boat so was pretty slow going.

Been working for 18 hours today so when ever it is I wake up I'll try and upload a HD
Copy.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2013 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Finally in front of a laptop and yeah, Bakesy, you're right...couldn't tell which pixel was the whale ;)
Here's a better version...not that anyone really gets that excited about whales, but hey, no one is surfing.

Select HD 720p

Zuke
901 posts
26 Oct 2013 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Out of desperation for a surf Buster and I did the (very) early long trip out to a far off place and scored some pretty good conditions with light variable winds and waste to head high waves. We were in just after 6am but it was still pretty dark and gloomy with the cloud cover making for a nervous paddle out. Still, it was good to score some waves.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Oct 2013 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said..

not me Suba, looked Ok when I viewed it but people expect the HD experience from you! BTW what do you think about the Yanks looking at doing some research here? If you haven't heard check this link http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19553566/us-shark-tag-experts-plead-with-buswell/, might need a Kleenex handy!

Ha, whoops, it was Buster who said it ;)

Yeah...those guys are a bunch of cowboys (Chris Fischer especially) and shouldn't be allowed to do what they do, anywhere in the world, least of all here.
There is a reason the scientific community shuns them and wants nothing to do with them.

They're all a bunch of fisherman, with no scientific knowledge, who have a reality TV show and talk a whole heap of crap. To date they've achieved absolutely nothing in terms of research. They've aquired no new data that wasn't already well known. What they have done is make a 5hitload of money from their TV show, killed at least one White Shark in a protected area and permanently maimed countless others...all the while having nothing useful to show for it what so ever. I'm all for tagging sharks (I mean, without it, I'd never have a career) but not using their method or their actual tags.

They want to come here to make money and sell a show about Aussie maneaters to their retarded American audience...NOT come here to do research.

Now that I got that off my shoulders....

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Oct 2013 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^
I watched it on foxtel last night....had no idea they wanted to do it here until I read the paper this morning. The main guys is a research scientist though.....they said he has a doctorate in last nights show. He was researching the breeding habits of white sharks and tagging them to track them for 6 years. I would have thought it would be good to have em in perth, coz they actually seem to be able to tag sharks....which is more than can be said of our fisheries.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Oct 2013 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said..

bakesy said..

not me Suba, looked Ok when I viewed it but people expect the HD experience from you! BTW what do you think about the Yanks looking at doing some research here? If you haven't heard check this link http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19553566/us-shark-tag-experts-plead-with-buswell/, might need a Kleenex handy!

Yeah...those guys are a bunch of cowboys (Chris Fischer especially) and shouldn't be allowed to do what they do, anywhere in the world, least of all here.
There is a reason the scientific community shuns them and wants nothing to do with them.

They're all a bunch of fisherman, with no scientific knowledge, who have a reality TV show and talk a whole heap of crap. To date they've achieved absolutely nothing in terms of research. They've aquired no new data that wasn't already well known. What they have done is make a 5hitload of money from their TV show, killed at least one White Shark in a protected area and permanently maimed countless others...all the while having nothing useful to show for it what so ever. I'm all for tagging sharks (I mean, without it, I'd never have a career) but not using their method or their actual tags.

They want to come here to make money and sell a show about Aussie maneaters to their retarded American audience...NOT come here to do research.

I personally think their methods are a little different and i see there has been problems. BUT what i think, it would put a spot light on to our shark issues. AND that is why i think our State Government has said no

SUBA a direct question, as you talk about what you do and that you are involved in tagging..You would have seen my posts and i don't think you've ever answered my question, and i would have thought you should be in the know, or inner circle..HOW MANY GREAT WHITE SHARKS HAVE BEEN TAGGED BY THE WA STATE FISHERIES OR ON BEHALF OF THE WA STATE FISHERIES IN WA PLEASE?
Zuke very jealous of anyone getting a wave ATM

Deano
WA, 255 posts
26 Oct 2013 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Suba thats not a whale it's the chick that nose dived your board into the sandbar.

Zuke
901 posts
26 Oct 2013 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

It's been a couple of weeks of slim pickings in Perth and the next week looks just as bad so we put in a big effort today JB.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Oct 2013 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
subasurf said..

bakesy said..

I personally think their methods are a little different and i see there has been problems. BUT what i think, it would put a spot light on to our shark issues. AND that is why i think our State Government has said no

SUBA a direct question, as you talk about what you do and that you are involved in tagging..You would have seen my posts and i don't think you've ever answered my question, and i would have thought you should be in the know, or inner circle..HOW MANY GREAT WHITE SHARKS HAVE BEEN TAGGED BY THE WA STATE FISHERIES OR ON BEHALF OF THE WA STATE FISHERIES IN WA PLEASE?

mobile.news.com.au/national/western-australia/massive-shark-takes-a-bite-at-scuba-diver/story-fnii5thn-1226747291071

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
26 Oct 2013 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Zuke!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Oct 2013 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hmmmm suba says he knows what goes on....but bagged a guy out recently who's board was bitten by a Shark but did not want to give his identity....if he was part of the fisheries and or had a clue he would not have bagged or made innuendos about this Guy.....

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Oct 2013 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

because......

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Oct 2013 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Hmmmm suba says he knows what goes on....but bagged a guy out recently who's board was bitten by a Shark but did not want to give his identity....if he was part of the fisheries and or had a clue he would not have bagged or made innuendos about this Guy.....

Don't get me wrong..
I don't have any issue with Suba, in fact i really enjoy his posts and especially the Whale vid, even in poor quality ( i was simply trying to make a joke repeating his toaster comments. For the record i still find the original toaster comment one of the funniest posts yet)Im not into making an issue just thought Suba might be able to answer my question

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Oct 2013 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Oct 2013 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bakesy said...
because......

If he knew anything or knew anyone,he would have kept his uninformed mouth shut. But once again proved that he knows sweet fa....but hey Suba is good at that

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie