Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Nov 2013 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Morning crew,

Anyone been for a metro paddle today...?

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
7 Nov 2013 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Morning crew,

No but it looks great on the cams, bit small but nice and clean.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
7 Nov 2013 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Morning crew,

Did the dawn run at Perth's favourite beachy. It was lumpy early on a pretty low tide, with inco sets closing out pretty much on the shore. There was one bank with a wave, with maybe 15-20 guys on it. Conditions were cleaning up, but muggins here had to go to work.

A pair of SUPwits paddled out around 6:30, went straight to the back of the lineup and proceeded to take off on every set, then repeatedly paddle back out through the middle of the lineup. There was also the trademark ditching of boards, drop-ins and all-round cookery on display. One bloke gave them a spray and they moved down the beach, maybe its time more surfers helped to educate these guys on surf etiquette and taking turns...

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Nov 2013 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the report LS... might be a mal session early tomorrow if the swell holds.

Yeah, I cop one blantant infringement, on the second they get a stink eye, third I'll certainly let 'em know they are in the wrong. And I call a wave hog a hog... (or just drop-in!)

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
7 Nov 2013 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Thanks for the report LS... might be a mal session early tomorrow if the swell holds.

Yeah, I cop one blantant infringement, on the second they get a stink eye, third I'll certainly let 'em know they are in the wrong. And I call a wave hog a hog... (or just drop-in!)

Sounds like the fella from last Saturday but he was by himself. Didnt drop in but paddled out though the crowd.

shunter
WA, 441 posts
7 Nov 2013 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

I thru a pair of fins on and had one hour of body bashing on a metro beachie, great fun with waves hitting an very shallow sandbank. so many thrashings but so much fun to be racing sidewaysinto a closeout pit of sand.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
7 Nov 2013 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Can I say it was f@&$ing huge yesterday!!!
Smaller today with just me myself and I.
Wish you were all here... NOT!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Nov 2013 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Arrggh!

Took the day off for a trip North... wife said she'd like to come, so got busy packing the BBQ etc... went to leave - battery is dead flat!!! So flat the dash lights barely flicker!

Never had a problem before - not even a hiccup.

RAC get here NOW! (please)

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Nov 2013 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

^^^
On our way!

Zuke
901 posts
8 Nov 2013 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

I hope it works out for you GPA, but there's not much swell (or tide).

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Nov 2013 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Zuke - it was OK - just.

Inconsistent shifty waist high waves... thankfully there was some shape, but definitely mal only... I hit the water at 9:50am with only two others out. About 10:30am there was about a dozen or so spread out. Was clean until about 11:00 when a light Southerly hit, then it was all over by 11:30am...

Not sure I'd bother tomorrow with the dropping swell and increased wind.

Zuke
901 posts
8 Nov 2013 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

It's good you scored some waves with shape and took the right tool for the job. Were you at BB or further?

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Nov 2013 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

BB - never generally bother going any further as I am fairly easily satisfied. Shame it wasn't a foot bigger, I reckon it could have been good.

agnak
311 posts
8 Nov 2013 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Nov 2013 11:38PM
Thumbs Up

Love the horizon Kanga!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Nov 2013 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Some fun onshore wispy peaks this morning.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
13 Nov 2013 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

Some fun onshore wispy peaks this morning.

Looked great on the cams early,,,,,, from work

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Nov 2013 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Got up and went for a desperate drive on Friday, before work but ended up just heading home to help with drop of to school

This morning i woke for a jog and gambled that the swell period might bring something, anything. Well made it to a beach up my way and was so uninspired i sat in the car and sulked for 30 minutes until the wind dropped slightly and i got even more desperate than ever so squeezed into the new wet suit, (you forget how tight they are brand new). Thank god to the Sweet Potato i managed to have a good time Nothing special but enjoyed myself so much Especially after so long out of the surf..

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
17 Nov 2013 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Good onya for getting back out there JB!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
20 Nov 2013 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Had another fun run down at my local spot. Only small but local young crew with long boards, me on my SP seeing who could drop in and take the most waves of each other Im glad to say i held my own..

SO nice in the water

Zuke
901 posts
22 Nov 2013 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Managed to score lumpy/sucky shoulder to head high waves today with a light onshore over a very shallow reef with about one in ten lining up OK. Sounds like cr@p now that I'm writing about it but I thought it was great considering what's been on offer around Perth lately.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
22 Nov 2013 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

^ road trip is going to happen very soon.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Nov 2013 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Nice little spike in the swell & no wind early, had some fun little micro barrels

surferstu
1011 posts
23 Nov 2013 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

R.I.P brother

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Nov 2013 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Perths famous beach this morning had a bit of a wave. A few local boys were absolutely going of and having a great time, but they made it look all too bloody easy as it was super fast and dropping onto about one foot of sand, shallower at times Everyone else seemed to be struggling too so i opted to head up to Mettams and with the SP caught a few nice waves, dodging in and out of the rocks

Its funny how the sand scares me senseless, but rocks sticking out of the water, seem easier to navigate

Anyway water was lovely..

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
26 Nov 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ 2ft close out on a foot of sand is never fun in my opinion. My left MCL agrees.

A dozen friendly crew at my 'local' enjoying the light offshore, before the seabreeze. Isn't the water just f**n beeeaaaautttiiiful..!!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
28 Nov 2013 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Geez, this is getting frustrating... how's the metro forecast for the next few days

...my fish's boardcover zip actually froze in place it's been that long since I rode it...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
28 Nov 2013 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

My SLSA paddling board is the only thing keeping me going right now. Desperate times.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
28 Nov 2013 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

really busy north end of the cape , went to gtown round 11ish to find a few people getting back out at a few spots. felt eerie being that quiet with nice conditions like that.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie