Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

i must have done a bit of a number on the fin and the box then that rock leapt out in front of me mac.

not only as water coming out of the box, the fin just wouldn't do up.

keen to get it fixed and get it back out there at the 'fin' balancing and alignment job

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Cut the box out and replace it and fin

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
McHenry said..
Whalebone
9.3 x 23 x 3

Hand delivered apparently.

Hand delivered by a fellow breezer. Talk about customer service!

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Come clean and stop talking in riddles

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Vanders is visiting the city of churches and bringing me a new shiny Whalebone.

We will also be doing the full tour of Adelaide yeewwe

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Sep 2014 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

I will.do the art on your board mchenry

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Sep 2014 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Vanders. I would like a Clearwater but the board room is full at the moment. No room for any more additions just yet. Hope you enjoy the new toy McHenry.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...

Dick pic?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Sep 2014 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Cut the box out and replace it and fin

think i might try a beau young 10.25 log fin they have at the shop

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Sep 2014 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...
chrispy said...

Dick pic?

Pffft that is so yesterday.... My art is inspired by the spur of the moment,so it can never be pre planned

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
McHenry said...
chrispy said...

Dick pic?

Pffft that is so yesterday.... My art is inspired by the spur of the moment,so it can never be pre planned

I thought you were going to say the board isnt long enough....

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Sep 2014 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..

Would love this tint, sadly it's not in the budget

I would not think a single colour tint like this one would cost too much McHenry. I think you would be surprised. All they need to do is to add some colour / pigment to the resin and tape off the rail and do a pin line. You could save money by not doing the pin line - check LL's board out - from memory he does not have one.

If they polish to up it might cost you a few bob though - but the nice mat finish in some colours looks sic. Adding a glass patch like I did on my last board is a lot simpler than it looks, adds a bit of weight and can create a nice design effect.

thePup
13831 posts
29 Sep 2014 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..

do it brother - life is short

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Sep 2014 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...
McHenry said..

do it brother - life is short

Very true pupwana

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Sep 2014 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Just got in from a cracking sesh...3 waves before the sun came up...surfed on my pat for about 45 and had 2 other blokes join last 45.....200-300m double overhead rights....not a breath of wind....did three of the fastest forehand turns I've done in my entire life...gutted I had to get out and come home to look after the kids...water is unseasonably warm as well....wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
30 Sep 2014 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
Just got in from a cracking sesh...3 waves before the sun came up...surfed on my pat for about 45 and had 2 other blokes join last 45.....200-300m double overhead rights....not a breath of wind....did three of the fastest forehand turns I've done in my entire life...gutted I had to get out and come home to look after the kids...water is unseasonably warm as well....wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nice one Tux,can't believe those CW folks hijacked this thread

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Sep 2014 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..

is this a square tail speed shape...me likey likey

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
30 Sep 2014 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the Step Deck model.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Sep 2014 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Looks like the Step Deck model.

Dang its got a nice outline....

thePup
13831 posts
30 Sep 2014 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Awesome brother - I had a some sugar (finally!!!) early here this morning too , just me with the odd head high screamer .... until the north swung in and chopped it up along with the dry reef - bloody nice thankyou very much mister hugh special thanks for keeping the school holiday numpty factor to zilch

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
30 Sep 2014 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Way to go junior dog

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
30 Sep 2014 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Tux said..

Awesome brother - I had a some sugar (finally!!!) early here this morning too , just me with the odd head high screamer .... until the north swung in and chopped it up along with the dry reef - bloody nice thankyou very much mister hugh special thanks for keeping the school holiday numpty factor to zilch

Nice work brother...crowd numbers have been low here as well for some reason

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Sep 2014 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Took my new board out for the dawny this morning thinking it was only just overhead. Ended up surfing a double overhead bombie between mids & Kuta reef. Board went well but was really skatey in the barrel. Unfortunately I duckdived it into some shallow reef & put a hole in the rocker. Pretty fricken annoying, but an easy fix....went to a new mall called the beach walk about 150m North of Hard Rock. The third storey has an awesome outlook across Kuta beachie which was smok'n & the reefs which had picked up heaps by lunchtime. Amazing view from there, great place to grab some lunch : )

thePup
13831 posts
2 Oct 2014 5:43AM
Thumbs Up

Was on again early yesterday , took me by surprise coz I didn't think I'd have much joy .... bit smaller but way fun still & hey 2 days running has gotta be a winner .... and just me and a good mate taking turns unfarkingbelievable 2 days no crowds ... geez

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
2 Oct 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Was on again early yesterday , took me by surprise coz I didn't think I'd have much joy .... bit smaller but way fun still & hey 2 days running has gotta be a winner .... and just me and a good mate taking turns unfarkingbelievable 2 days no crowds ... geez

Nice one...just got in from a smoking session myself...4 foot 4 guys out...pumping

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Oct 2014 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Amazingly a super fun session at snaps. Two foot and clean with a very occasional bigger one. Took the midlength single fin out and out hipstered the hipsters. Crowd was surprisingly good. Watched some great longboarding out there,some amazing nose rides a plenty

I don't read your posts anymore Tux,unless I have had excellent waves

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Oct 2014 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Amazingly a super fun session at snaps. Two foot and clean with a very occasional bigger one. Took the midlength single fin out and out hipstered the hipsters. Crowd was surprisingly good. Watched some great longboarding out there,some amazing nose rides a plenty

I don't read your posts anymore Tux,unless I have had excellent waves

Sorry bro...the water was back it usual cold self if its any consolation

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Oct 2014 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Mick and I did a dawnie out at Middles - water was warm - just in boardies and a light rashie. Heaven Surf was 3 foot with a few bigger ones every know and again. It was a bit slow but it was fun to surf with another frothing Breezer - one who certainly gets his fair share out there !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Oct 2014 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Tux said..

Mick and I did a dawnie out at Middles - water was warm - just in boardies and a light rashie. Heaven Surf was 3 foot with a few bigger ones every know and again. It was a bit slow but it was fun to surf with another frothing Breezer - one who certainly gets his fair share out there !

Not sure I like your attitude Ted I will console myself with another cracking day of overhead surf down here tomorrow

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Oct 2014 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

All good Tux,I read your post and smiled. Pulled into the carpark and could not believe my eyes....firstly a super cool breezer and second some glassy fun. Lost the breezer chasing empty banks But four hours and I'm now spent,......one hour was waiting for the last good one to come in on smashing morning with warm water and blue skies, a wee bit sunburnt as well tux

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo