Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thePup
13831 posts
6 Mar 2017 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Tomoz will be the Round 9 Show Some Spine event Macaha ..... ..... are you in champion hmmmmm we might lift it to double points old cock ????

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Mar 2017 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Tomoz will be the Round 9 Show Some Spine event Macaha ..... ..... are you in champion hmmmmm we might lift it to double points old cock ????

Sold me board of choose to the Prez

thePup
13831 posts
6 Mar 2017 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..

Calling old magnificent bastard of a thing Cock ....... calling the Prez ...... are u out there Banora Bull ...... you have been presented with a challenge by the ex-Prez who is now the vice-Prez ...... Macaha ...... the victor takes his prey's fins as a trophy also there will be double points on the carefully polished Granite slab ......

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Mar 2017 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Macaha said..

thePup said..

Calling old magnificent bastard of a thing Cock ....... calling the Prez ...... are u out there Banora Bull ...... you have been presented with a challenge by the ex-Prez who is now the vice-Prez ...... Macaha ...... the victor takes his prey's fins as a trophy also there will be double points on the carefully polished Granite slab ......

Howling southerly here today with no options ( for me anyway) night shift tonight. It's going to be rough.

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
6 Mar 2017 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah smh,it's just started to get real strong here about 2 hours ago!...

SP
10979 posts
6 Mar 2017 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Much swell Al?

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
6 Mar 2017 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Al G said..

Much swell Al?

Sorry SP,just got on the computer after work for a bit,just ducked down to do a few laps,yeah it's about 4 foot,the wind is holding it back a bit here,I reckon it will be bigger tomoz but I'll be at work

SP
10979 posts
6 Mar 2017 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

The swell built all day here. Heard the report on the way home and it said 6-8. Will be Interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Supposed to hang around for a few days too

Cobra
9106 posts
6 Mar 2017 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Can you send it here Zzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzz

Cobra
9106 posts
6 Mar 2017 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Can you send it here Zzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzz

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Mar 2017 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

It's big here . I'd call it 8-10 feet and I'm sure it will get a fair way up the coast . Wind has backed off here a fair bit now .

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Mar 2017 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

They put the Quicky Pro back a week because they normally get better waves a week after the event finishes.
Could this be a mistake its heading up the coast this swell.

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Mar 2017 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Its been huge here the last few days...if you were ant !...took the 666 for a paddle the last couple of days & then today was absolutely magic on the mal. Waist to Shoulder consistent waves, long rides free for all. Calling people in to share waves all morning coz there were quite a few out. Got pretty used to, well have been used to it for years lol, sharing...then winds come in & everyones bailed. There's 3 666's, 2 LB's & me. Waves a little less consistent but the winds not effected it too badly.

I'm sitting out on the peak, this bloke is sitting a good 20m inside as in straight in towards the beach. Wave comes through, I take off, bottom turn, turn off the top, switchfoot, cutback (its fat/reforming). This bloke paddles for the wave inside me, I see him getting up & I would have cut back further too block him if I was an asshole. But I don't care, I'm always sharing waves in these conditions. So I've shortened my cutback, trimmed, heard the bloke saying something like he's trying to indicate its his wave or some sh1t. Section in front of me is closing out, I go an easy fat wave floater, he's saying something louder I couldn't make out he has some kinda UK accent. I continue riding the foam to the next reform, trim, race across the reef, cutback into the channel, woohoo stoked, another right in & through the channel wave. Had a lot of them today & its like my aim in these small conditions, I like to make the most of each wave & I'd had quite a few with people in front of me I'd had to cut back so not to interfere ie crash their wave lol

But anyway I'm thinking. Ok, now to paddle back out & I wonder if that guy was just saying hey bro right behind you here, I know I snaked you but hey don't worry I'm just chilling enjoying this beautiful day. In which I'd reply, no worries mate, feel free to share waves with me, yeah beautiful day...had a feeling from his tone that was not the case. I make a point of paddling close as I pass out to the peak as he has repositioned himself on the inside again & looking over to make eye contact to prompt some form of communication. He starts going off saying some sh1t about being right next to me. I say mate I was up & running for like 1/2 an hour before you hopped on & I stopped cutting back so you could hop on & share it. He's pissed at me & says some sh1t & finishes with just stay the fark away from me & turns away. I'm trying not too laugh & let him have the last word. But as if I'm going to try to keep out of his way. So I make a point of drawing out my lines closer to him & altering my paddle out to be closer to him in silent protest of being told by some random to keep out of his way at my local.

To his credit three waves later he paddles out to me & apologizes. I explained to him that what he was doing was snaking which appeared to generate a somewhat confused look on his face. But I explained if someone has taken off on a wave significantly earlier than you it does not matter if your inside. Especially as we were both on longboards. You gotta give shortboards more leniency sometimes coz longboards have a huge advantage, but yeah. I used to do it all the time at my local before I added a longboard to the quiver, but I never called someone off the wave. I think as surfing traffic gets busier, people need to learn to share....also swapped boards with a mate & we shared heaps of waves together talking as we rode a wave & aiming for that keyhole for double points haha....beautiful day

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Mar 2017 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
It's big here . I'd call it 8-10 feet and I'm sure it will get a fair way up the coast . Wind has backed off here a fair bit now .

good luck out there tonight mate

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Mar 2017 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

smh said..

It was pretty big Mac but looks like it's backed off a bit this morning. The way the forecast synoptic charts look there will be plenty of swell all week.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
7 Mar 2017 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Central coast pumping got some good waves at the local well overhead just hoping the wind holds off for another cpl hours or will have to look elsewhere. Will try and get a cpl pics

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
7 Mar 2017 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Very full up here we have had some big tides the past few weeks,magic day tho.

thePup
13831 posts
7 Mar 2017 6:31AM
Thumbs Up

Godfather & I hit it early this day - bit of a wait for them , but still managed to earn our keep .... farken stoked with 4 or 5 of them in particular that just jacked up perfectly

The round was pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttted ........ and will be conducted when a bigger field assembles

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
7 Mar 2017 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Macaha said..

smh said..

It was pretty big Mac but looks like it's backed off a bit this morning. The way the forecast synoptic charts look there will be plenty of swell all week.

Last night built up here within about 2 hours,I could hear it,took these this morning just before work!...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Mar 2017 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Looks pretty big Al . It's still got a fair bit of size here but not as big as Monday night. Just did a drive by after night shift and theres nobody out anywhere. Grey skies and drizzle here and lots of brown water moving around after the rain we had. Surely the Queenslanders will be getting some of this. It looks like the low will push out to sea a fair way and hang around a while.

SP
10979 posts
8 Mar 2017 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

Geez Al, is that in the southern corner? A lot of swell in the ocean to get in there like that.

thePup
13831 posts
8 Mar 2017 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

saw a bit of that up here early Al

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Mar 2017 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Kirra on fire.

SP
10979 posts
8 Mar 2017 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Mar 2017 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Unreal Mac and SP.

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
8 Mar 2017 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Geez Al, is that in the southern corner? A lot of swell in the ocean to get in there like that.

Yeah SP,that's the southern corner of One Mile,pretty quick to closing out really!...
The water is very dirty here atm,still swell though!...

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
8 Mar 2017 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Unreal Mac and SP.

+1

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Mar 2017 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

+2

SP
10979 posts
8 Mar 2017 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

SP said..

Yeah SP,that's the southern corner of One Mile,pretty quick to closing out really!...

Cheers I thought it was.

Al G
NSW, 7662 posts
8 Mar 2017 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Al G said..

SP said..

Cheers I thought it was.

your'e at PM,SP is that right?...

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo