Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
26 Feb 2017 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Had a pretty good run last week Mac and Autumn is just around the corner. Happy days

If you get any free time you should come up here the teach Pup some manners,today he was off the lead big time

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
26 Feb 2017 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

smh said..
Had a pretty good run last week Mac and Autumn is just around the corner. Happy days

If you get any free time you should come up here the teach Pup some manners,today he was off the lead big time

Naughty Puppy,that's it Mac,he's shout for the cartons on the next road trip

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
26 Feb 2017 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't surf today but I got out in the arvo yesterday as predicted. First time I have surfed a proper shorty in a very long time. 8' is my general all rounder, 9'4" or 9'6" the other go to boards with a 7' fish for fishy days.

Anyway, man , I struggled on my forehand. Just flopped around and waggled the board without any drive. Backhand wasn't too bad, but a long way from the pump pump snap or pump pump forehand hack that I remember. It was more wiggle wiggle shake miss a section (if I didn't tumble off earlier).

I will blame the different fin set up I put in. Gotta have been the fins. Any other explanation is unacceptable.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Feb 2017 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

smh said..

He's always got good manners here so I can't imagine him being bad mannered out in the surf. Must be the crowds up there that get him excited.

thePup
13831 posts
27 Feb 2017 5:45AM
Thumbs Up

No go today just wasn't happening really

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
27 Feb 2017 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
No go today just wasn't happening really

Are you kidding you got to get your tid s right buddy

surfanimal
NSW, 1637 posts
28 Feb 2017 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

It's not every day you get the chance to stand at Kirra for first light so regardless of how small it is, with an 11'8 on the roof there's no excuse not to paddle out and catch a few.

Unfortunately, Pup talked to all and sundry for too long in the car park and had to leave without paddling out but that left more for me and much fun was had.

Due to pick up slightly they say so until tmrw here's some pic's from this morning taken by wifey.

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
28 Feb 2017 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that pup fella is a very fussy customer,good to see you get some,hope our coffee turned up this morning.

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Feb 2017 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
wasn't too bad, but a long way from the pump pump snap or pump pump forehand hack that I remember. It was more wiggle wiggle shake miss

Get her to put her finger up your arse..this should help with the
pump pump pump wiggle wiggle shake.
hope this helps..
cheers
Cobra

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Feb 2017 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Easterly winds here today and everything is blown out so a surf after work isn't going to happen. You're a dirty man Cobra

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Feb 2017 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Easterly winds here today and everything is blown out so a surf after work isn't going to happen. You're a dirty man Cobra

Why?? I thought drip was talking about sex,, because no such thing as pumping hacking and snapping a longboard

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Feb 2017 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

smh said..

Why?? I thought drip was talking about sex,, because no such thing as pumping hacking and snapping a longboard

That is true and it's a longboard forum and size matters

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Feb 2017 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

6 foot and offshore at this place for you golfers

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Feb 2017 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

lol yeah good grass overlooking no waves at my local golf course today

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Feb 2017 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Oh somehow missed your pics earlier surfanimal...looks like uber fun waves with little crowd for you & the 11'8, so clean...nice

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a reef break near home that I rarely go to because it's a tight take off spot but there was only a handful out so I went out and got a few. Nice conditions and shoulder high peaks with an east swell. Water very warm. Rode the 10'6. Then went down to Kiama Harbour and tried out my new fly rod and got a few fish but nothing to write home about.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Mar 2017 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Surfed a reef break near home that I rarely go to because it's a tight take off spot but there was only a handful out so I went out and got a few. Nice conditions and shoulder high peaks with an east swell. Water very warm. Rode the 10'6. Then went down to Kiama Harbour and tried out my new fly rod and got a few fish but nothing to write home about.

Good onya smh,that reef break doesn't start with a R does it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

No Al it starts with an S and if R is the one I'm thinking of theres no way I'd go out there on the barge. Too heavy

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Mar 2017 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

No Al it starts with an S and if R is the one I'm thinking of theres no way I'd go out there on the barge. Too heavy

Aha,that's the one on the other side of R,cool,used to like surfing there except for those nice needles in ya feet sometimes
Yeah it is hey,that's what I was thinkin,you're game on a barge out there if it was that spot, surfed it on a short board yeeeeaaars ago,it's a guillotine alright

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2017 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Red sands?

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
2 Mar 2017 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Words out 6.30 tomorrow

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2017 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Words out 6.30 tomorrow

For someone quick to tell peeps to get their tides right...why are you heading out at low tide....you on a shorty tomoza Mac

Me i will wait again like I have most of this week and be happy

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
2 Mar 2017 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..
Words out 6.30 tomorrow

For someone quick to tell peeps to get their tides right...why are you heading out at low tide....you on a shorty tomoza Mac

9.1 mate now thats short

But hey work and I think the wind may screw things a little.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2017 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..
Words out 6.30 tomorrow

9.1 mate now thats short

But hey work and I think the wind may screw things a little.

Don't say the wind word mate. Well hopefully you all have a long wave so I can share a couple when I get there

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Red sands?

Now you've let the cat out of the bag Chrispy. That's the one and it's not for elderly barge riders

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Red sands?

Now you've let the cat out of the bag Chrispy. That's the one and it's not for elderly barge riders
Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Aha,that's the one on the other side of R,cool,used to like surfing there except for those nice needles in ya feet sometimes
Yeah it is hey,that's what I was thinkin,you're game on a barge out there if it was that spot, surfed it on a short board yeeeeaaars ago,it's a guillotine alright

Plenty of ledges around here Al.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Mar 2017 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

chrispy said..
Red sands?

Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

I first surfed that place when I was forced out as 14yo and was never crowded.

I heard it pretty much only bodyboarders these days?

And isn't that another place where people have changed its name over time. I'm trying to remember it

And yes smh you are truly blessed with treasure all around

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Mar 2017 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

chrispy said..
Red sands?

Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Yeah smh,I've surfed a few places down there but not for roughly 25 years or so

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

smh said..

chrispy said..
Red sands?

Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

I first surfed that place when I was forced out as 14yo and was never crowded.

I heard it pretty much only bodyboarders these days?

And isn't that another place where people have changed its name over time. I'm trying to remember it

And yes smh you are truly blessed with treasure all around

Yeah this a crew of bodyboarders that are on it most of the time but when it gets bigger theres guys that surf it well. Theres some old footage of Curren surfing it in The Search. Yes Chrispy I feel pretty lucky being here and it is getting a bit crowded but I've got the luxury of picking my times to head out. Don't know how all you Queenslanders cope with the crowds up there but I'd imagine you'd get some nice empty mid week banks in Winter.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Mar 2017 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..

chrispy said..
Red sands?

Al G said..

smh said..

Al G said..

smh said..

Yeah smh,I've surfed a few places down there but not for roughly 25 years or so

It's a bit more crowded now Al especially with the instant locals that appeared with the new nearby suburb. They're putting a boat harbour in behind South Shellharbour with a new breakwall running out the southeren end of the beach. Hoping there might be a few new banks around it because it's rarely ever good.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo