Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Sep 2012 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

North Scarb was fun this morning. Better was the Breaky roll at Peters and the drive north to work via spandex drive

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
19 Sep 2012 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Sharky as hell where I was early this morning. Felt like a sitting duck. Just caught a few and came in.

Zuke
901 posts
19 Sep 2012 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Had a really good surf with another 'breezer today. The forecast was for light winds most of the day so we took a chance and travelled. It payed off with a light NE all morning. Just the one OK pic due to not charging the camera!

It was pretty sharky with the early overcast conditions though!

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Sep 2012 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

from last week

;

l

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Sep 2012 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

this ones from the deep south a couple of weeks ago. sharky as around here. was 3 sightings of whites in the one week we were there

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Sep 2012 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

this one is the same day as the left above, after a light SW onshore came in.
love the light onshore. thins the crowd.

Zuke
901 posts
20 Sep 2012 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Good to see some pics swalkington.

That glassed off shot from up on the cliff looks like fun and no ones out!

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
20 Sep 2012 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

from last week

;

l

dick dragger

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Sep 2012 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

yep, the turtle rooter ruins that shot doesn't it.

heres another. left point. acceptable crowd factor.

and another. the site where that white breached a few weeks ago. no wonder no one was out there even though it was sm

okin!

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Sep 2012 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

one more. droppin in.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
20 Sep 2012 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

yep, the turtle rooter ruins that shot doesn't it.

and another. the site where that white breached a few weeks ago. no wonder no one was out there even though it was sm

okin!

To the contrary, I see a Bodyboarder setting up for a fun one where otherwise it would be a standup probably sitting too deep and not making it.

That deep south spot has always been uncrowded or empty when I've been down there, one of those places where the Jaws music plays in your head all surf.

surferstu
1011 posts
21 Sep 2012 12:53AM
Thumbs Up

Still poor form dropping in. Crowds and greedy wave hogs cause strange things to happen

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
21 Sep 2012 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

moohan said...

To the contrary, I see a Bodyboarder setting up for a fun one where otherwise it would be a standup probably sitting too deep and not making it.

Probably. But let's not take any chances and push down the section and make sure he doesn't, right?

You know what, based on that photo alone, I'm pretty confident I'd make it. If not, I wouldn't paddle in and I'd give the nod to the shoulder hopper. People who drop in just in case the other guy doesn't make it, thereby destroying what's usually the best section of the wave, deserve all they get. And that guy would've got it from me.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
21 Sep 2012 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Heading south today for the next few days. Hopefully get something decent, especially Sunday. Then off to Indo for a quickie.

Oh and sick photos. ^^^

As for the drop in photo. A good surfer could make it through that section easy enough. Doesn't look like he's too deep. Esky lidders crumbling sections in front of you doesn't make it easier though...in fact it can be dangerous on the more consequential waves.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
21 Sep 2012 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

I'm heading to bali/lombok tomoro suba!!! 10-12ft swell expected on Sun thru Tuesday then nutin under 5ft for the rest of the week before new swell arriving!!!!

saltwater enemas and "gentle reef massages" for me I think

sad to leave the Mrs and kids and work for 14days

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
21 Sep 2012 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of 'washing machine' action out there today...

Checked a fickle novelty spot with crossed fingers - no go, swell and tide not quite playing nice

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
21 Sep 2012 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

^^^^ Good to see some pics swalkington.

That glassed off shot from up on the cliff looks like fun and no ones out!

Cheers zuke. Was nice to get in the water consistently again.
I was fairly shark spooked on every surf I had though (considering the time of year).

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Sep 2012 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

More people at ST than I have ever seen - maybe 40... with more heading out each minute...

Tide very low, so it's breaking further out - and therefore not as protected and clean as maybe expected.

Smaller than you'd think - maybe shoulder high and very shortish rides...

Oh well, back to painting

paulford
WA, 312 posts
22 Sep 2012 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Looked busy at that well known, sheltered secret spot.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
22 Sep 2012 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

More people at ST than I have ever seen - maybe 40... with more heading out each minute...

Tide very low, so it's breaking further out - and therefore not as protected and clean as maybe expected.

Smaller than you'd think - maybe shoulder high and very shortish rides...

Oh well, back to painting

if you have a little patience and are in the right spot, you can get some joy. first time in years iv been able to get in more than 3 turns on a single wave in perth. there were also some cranking rights up the beach. mostly closeouts, but some legit barrels on offer.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Sep 2012 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
I have no patience - and I know it...

To be fair, I did see more than a couple of guys getting in some good cutties and turns, but still - they were very short walls...

Glad you scored out there... I'm STILL painting!

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
22 Sep 2012 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

A wave with sand this arvo was a disgrace. So many snakes and hastlers, more than I've ever seen. I live up the road and the joint was a joke. Mals, Goat boats, Kooks, kids and anyone in between. Looked like farken snapper rocks. What a disgrace. Not worth the hastle!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
22 Sep 2012 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Best day of the winter at my local. Storm did a good job. One week before October, similar to a couple of years ago.

surferstu
1011 posts
22 Sep 2012 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

It's not winter anymore, but it certainly feels like it is. Crazy weather patterns

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
23 Sep 2012 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

this morning, plenty out along the coast managed to find a few, couple of novelty spots working

sparki
WA, 410 posts
23 Sep 2012 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

rips, etc were keeping everyone relatively dispersed where i was so everyone got waves. couple of guys charging the rouge/closeout waves. it was great to see them committing to the drop, sticking it and getting a (almost) barrel for a second or two and subsequently get flogged. hoots all round.

surferstu
1011 posts
23 Sep 2012 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Epic conditions but 60 out on one break north of perth

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
23 Sep 2012 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

might of been the same place

surferstu
1011 posts
23 Sep 2012 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Haha yeah, it looked like whenever anyone got one they were just trying to weave thru all the crowd

Zuke
901 posts
23 Sep 2012 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Had a look at Trigg this arvo and it was like summer, soo many people out. There was a really good peak where I saw a knee boarder drop in on a SB who had dropped in on a lid who had dropped in on a SB. What a circus!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie