Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
sparki
WA, 410 posts
1 Oct 2012 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

stagwag said...
Today was sick, Scored a northern beachie ****ing awesome. And only three kooks in my way

today brought all the kooks out. the current kept them out of the way though.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Oct 2012 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Swells up... but all the banks and peaks that showed themselves yesterday afternoon along the Trigg stretch have either turned into a big ugly rip or an overhead 200m long straight-hander... The water was just starting to whitecap with a NW'er at 8:30am...

Went further north, but the semi-protected spot I was hoping for was full of weed and no one out...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
2 Oct 2012 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg thirds was not bad yesterday morning and Saturday morning, infact best I have seen it in ages

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Oct 2012 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
...and yet near flat on Sunday morning...

I had the mal out struggling to get a handful of thigh high peelers...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
2 Oct 2012 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
^^^
...and yet near flat on Sunday morning...

I had the mal out struggling to get a handful of thigh high peelers...

You should have called me, I was hanging to get out of the house and I would have grabbed the mal out of the shed for a run, btw do you need a newish mal

Zuke
901 posts
2 Oct 2012 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Took a gamble and did the early today hoping for an early offshore. It wasn't perfect but it was a lot of fun.

Zuke
901 posts
4 Oct 2012 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone score today? The conditions this morning looked really good.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
4 Oct 2012 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Nope

Should have been smoking!

Zuke
901 posts
4 Oct 2012 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ Yeah, it turned out to be much better than predicted. Someone must have scored big time!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
4 Oct 2012 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
^^^^^ Yeah, it turned out to be much better than predicted. Someone must have scored big time!

A mate went out today and he is comming over to pick up his board in a minute so I will ask him, I bet Legion was out today. frickin hangin for a good surf atm [}:)]

Zuke
901 posts
4 Oct 2012 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Legion will be out every day, he's up North the lucky b@stard!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
4 Oct 2012 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Thought he was a bit quiet. Agree, b@stard

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
4 Oct 2012 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

yep, pretty good think tomoz will be a bit better at a certain spot

Zuke
901 posts
4 Oct 2012 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ Yeah, I have a spot in mind for tomorrow too.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
5 Oct 2012 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Some wispy little ramps for the longboard this morning. How good is next Tuesday lookin for the shorty!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
5 Oct 2012 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...
Some wispy little ramps for the longboard this morning. How good is next Tuesday lookin for the shorty!

I recon Wednesday will be better, depends where you are I spose

Torch
WA, 521 posts
5 Oct 2012 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

thinking of going over to rats nest but the recent sightings make me think otherwise

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1991 posts
5 Oct 2012 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Yeh I got some good ones at trigg yesterday. Quite a few crew out being holidays, but still good fun. Got pounded a few times as well

Zuke
901 posts
5 Oct 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Good one Dawn Patrol, I knew someone must have scored.

This was this morning. It was a little windy at first but glassed off nicely later on.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Oct 2012 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

so does that mean the new guidelines come into play? 50m offshore, popular swimming beach, school holidays, weekend coming up seems a few ducks are in a row doesn't it? Surely they'd have a commercial operator ready to go or have I misread the new system?

katana
WA, 644 posts
5 Oct 2012 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

a reputable yanchep local said he saw a seal on the beach that had been mauled by shark (still alive) at rafts yesterday morning he said he alerted authorities but i see nothing on the sites

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Oct 2012 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
jbshack said...
Worth considering if up Lano way..

http://sharkalarm.com.au/event/368

JB got rid of the red thumb for you... I for one would rather know, as I was just looking at the forecast for up there... Hmmm...

Reds don't bother me anymore. but thanks anyway.
Did you see the young fella who had his fin chewed at Mulla? Lucky little grom

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
6 Oct 2012 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg - too fat, too deep and too small... even the mals are struggling and missing most. Everywhere else is basically too small for even a mal.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
6 Oct 2012 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Few coming through at PI for a few of the guys out on the reef. Nothing special at all but clean and rideable no doubt, nice day for it

sparki
WA, 410 posts
6 Oct 2012 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Trigg - too fat, too deep and too small... even the mals are struggling and missing most. Everywhere else is basically too small for even a mal.

dunno what you guys are complaining about. we were getting some nice ones going prone on a sub. brilliant day!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Oct 2012 12:28AM
Thumbs Up

Yep I can see the fun in that.

Zuke
901 posts
8 Oct 2012 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

The next few days are looking goood Just need to pick one, maybe Wednesday for me.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
8 Oct 2012 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
The next few days are looking goood Just need to pick one, maybe Wednesday for me.

A string of good conditions for sure. Heat will bring the crowds out aswell though :( shhh don't tell anyone.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
9 Oct 2012 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1991 posts
9 Oct 2012 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Wtf is that legit? ^

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie